Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-04-2023, 09:10 AM   #46
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks for the prompt response culytera. This put the new CSS in the <head> section but the contents of your <head> section still appeared in the <body> section of the downloaded book.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:37 AM   #47
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcat View Post
Thanks for the prompt response culytera. This put the new CSS in the <head> section but the contents of your <head> section still appeared in the <body> section of the downloaded book.
I checked one of my downloaded books and they don't have that issue. What do titlepage_entries and titlepage_start look like in your personal.ini?
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2023, 09:54 PM   #48
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Maybe there is something wrong with my computer. I installed a brand new instance of Calibre Portable, I created a "saved metadata" custom column. Updated FFF to use the new custom column. I made no other changes to FFF and downloaded two different stories.

One restricted: https://archiveofourown.org/works/47189341
The other not restricted: https://archiveofourown.org/works/34853359

In the saved metadata on the restricted I get all metadata except "Additional Tags" when I downloaded the not restricted fic, the "Additional tags" all appear in the tags column and in saved metadata column.

Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:03 PM   #49
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Maybe there is something wrong with my computer. I installed a brand new instance of Calibre Portable, I created a "saved metadata" custom column. Updated FFF to use the new custom column. I made no other changes to FFF and downloaded two different stories.

One restricted: https://archiveofourown.org/works/47189341
The other not restricted: https://archiveofourown.org/works/34853359

In the saved metadata on the restricted I get all metadata except "Additional Tags" when I downloaded the not restricted fic, the "Additional tags" all appear in the tags column and in saved metadata column.

Amalthia
How about instead of doing
Code:
include_in_genre: freeformtags
You instead use freeformtags itself to fill up the test column?
Old 06-04-2023, 11:21 PM   #50
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I think Amalthia mentioned that the freeformtags were missing from the metadata longtext column which indicates the scraping of them is failuring.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2023, 11:25 PM   #51
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I think Amalthia mentioned that the freeformtags were missing from the metadata longtext column which indicates the scraping of them is failuring.
Yes, what ownedbycats said, plus I'm already using the option to include freeformtags in my settings.

Code:
include_in_genre: freeformtags
Even with FFF default settings, it's still not grabbing the "freeformtag" data.

I hadn't even installed any other plugins on my test Calibre, just FFF. I originally thought maybe the problem is a conflict with plugins.

Amalthia
Old 06-04-2023, 11:58 PM   #52
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Amalthia - I PM'd you an AO3 invite code in case you want to test whether the issue is with your account. (Probably unlikely.)
Old 06-05-2023, 01:31 AM   #53
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
@Amalthia - I PM'd you an AO3 invite code in case you want to test whether the issue is with your account. (Probably unlikely.)
I created a new account and loaded both links into my Calibre test environment and it worked. I'm now seeing the additional tags information for restricted stories. Now the fun part, going through my AO3 settings to see what is different between the two accounts.

Thank you so much for sticking with his and coming up with an out of the box solution.

Once I find the setting in AO3 I'll update this thread so if anyone else runs across this problem they'll know the solution.

Thanks so much for your help,
Amalthia
Old 06-05-2023, 01:39 AM   #54
Amalthia
Wizard

Okay that did not take long to solve on the AO3 side.

Problem statement: Additional tags would not download into Calibre, with FanFicFare plugin, if the author had restricted access to logged in users.

SOLUTION: Edit the AO3 preferences option "Hide additional tags." I had this option selected in my settings. After changing the setting "additional tags" now download into Calibre.

Again, thank you everyone for helping me troubleshoot this problem.

Amalthia
Old 06-05-2023, 01:56 AM   #55
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Post that in the FFF thread. Jim may want to add it to the FAQ or somewhere.
Old 06-05-2023, 02:17 AM   #56
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Post that in the FFF thread. Jim may want to add it to the FAQ or somewhere.
Good idea!
Old 06-06-2023, 06:46 AM   #57
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
I checked one of my downloaded books and they don't have that issue. What do titlepage_entries and titlepage_start look like in your personal.ini?
I finally figured it out. Turns out it was because I was using the HTML Output Format. If I switched to EPUB it worked.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 06:11 PM   #58
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
This is INSANE I’m sure this is simple, but I can’t figure it out.

There are two things I’d like to do to make tags that use the character names easier to manage. First, those that mix the character with a descriptive adjective (e.g. Deaf Clint Barton) I’d like to change to just my tag to that adjective

Shouldn’t that be something like
add_replace_metadata:
tag=>^.[Dd]eaf.*=>Deafness

From there, I’d like to then delete tags that use character names. I’d use

exclude_metadata_post:
tag=~^. Clint .*

I haven’t tried it yet, because I’ve been trying to do the first part. Also, is there anyway to do it more generally, not just putting in every name?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 11:41 PM   #59
culytera
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
This is INSANE I’m sure this is simple, but I can’t figure it out.

There are two things I’d like to do to make tags that use the character names easier to manage. First, those that mix the character with a descriptive adjective (e.g. Deaf Clint Barton) I’d like to change to just my tag to that adjective

Shouldn’t that be something like
add_replace_metadata:
tag=>^.[Dd]eaf.*=>Deafness
This should work but only for tags that have "Deaf" at the beginning.
Code:
replace_metadata:
 freeformtags=>^([Dd]eaf).*=>Deafness
Assuming you mean the freeformtags, then it'll look like this:

If you also include freeformtags in Calibre's tags (controlled by the include_subject_tags setting), I think it should change in Calibre's tags as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
From there, I’d like to then delete tags that use character names. I’d use

exclude_metadata_post:
tag=~^. Clint .*

I haven’t tried it yet, because I’ve been trying to do the first part. Also, is there anyway to do it more generally, not just putting in every name?
You can exclude characters in Calibre's tag system:
Code:
include_subject_tags: freeformtags, category, ships, status, whatever you want
If you want to exclude mentioned characters in freeformtags, I don't think it's possible to do it without inputting the characters manually via exclude_metadata.

Last edited by culytera; 07-17-2023 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:36 PM   #60
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Wow, remind me to look into fixing up all the tags in my library— I've always been to scared to touch them.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote