Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Any word that BeBook can/will be sold in the USA?
The EZ Reader from Astak is the same OEM device as the BeBook. It will be on sale pretty soon now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #32
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Any word that BeBook can/will be sold in the USA?
The exclusive right to the Jinke V3 Reader (Known as Hanlin, Bebook and many others) is currently held by Astak for the USA. It will be called the EZ Reader unless Amazon objects too much.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 AM   #33
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
I too buy my books in lit format and then convert them to what I need. I don't feel bad about it as I have paid for the ebook. But if this would be an issue for a Bebook then I wouldn't buy one.
I seriously hope other companies don't go down down the same route. I really feel this is a violation of privacy, if the reader sends info on what is in my ebook collection to the company.
Cant see people liking this at all, it is a similar thing to SecuRom and look at the fuss that causes.
I was considering buying a Bebook, but will stick with my Sony for now.
I really cannot see how the BeBook could possibly send information on what is on the machine back to anywhere. You do not need to connect the BeBook to any program in order to transfer content, therefore transfer of information is simply not possible. However I did notice that a mobipocket file which I had removed DRM form using mobidecrypt would not read on the BeBook. Not an issue for me, simply registered the devices PID and re-downloaded the file.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
However I did notice that a mobipocket file which I had removed DRM form using mobidecrypt would not read on the BeBook. Not an issue for me, simply registered the devices PID and re-downloaded the file.
Hmm... interesting. Will it read a nonDRM mobi file that you download from the ebook section here? It really should be able to read/view nonDRMed mobi ebooks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #35
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hmm... interesting. Will it read a nonDRM mobi file that you download from the ebook section here? It really should be able to read/view nonDRMed mobi ebooks.

BOb
No problem for me, I deDRMed a mobi-file and read it on my bebook with no problem (Used my PC's PID for downloading)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #36
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb

I realized that what I had done was mix my folders up and I had transferred the original file when I transferred the actual DRMed file it worked just fine
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 AM   #37
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
I realized that what I had done was mix my folders up and I had transferred the original file when I transferred the actual DRMed file it worked just fine
Tihi... I've done the exact same thing once and wondered what the heck I had done wrong before figuring it out
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, introduction