Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #1
TheClue
TheClue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Need factory image for unbricking unrecoverable device

Hi to all,

I'm following this forum since...well...years for tutorials and support, but now I need to ask by myself because I was not able to find a solution in the forum already.

One night, without apparent reason, the reader lighted up and started an unwanted updated process which has never finished (white light flashing, black screen, no way to reboot).

It was not the first time it was going to happen, I must say, but in this case all the usual ways to reset I tried to before (soft reset, hard reset, corner tapping) have failed.

I think the last hope is to open the device and reflash the SD card with a factory image or something.

I'm also going to replace the SD with a bigger one, since we're here.

The question is: how to flash the (new) card and what I have to put in into (I've not a backup of my system, unfortunately)?

tnx allot for your support and have a nice weekend!
TheClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. But...

Have you tried a factory reset. You will need to follow the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Aura_H2O.

If you do need to open it, Memory Upgrade Mod Guide has instructions for imaging the card including using a larger card.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert