Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question Sort by date messed by firmware update

When I updated my H2O to 4.5.9587, it did a full rescan of all the books and therefore the book list sorted by date is screwed. (I also had to re-insert the extra dictionary entries in the database)
I was wondering since Calibre has the correct "date added" for the books in my library, if it was possible to read the original "date added" from Calibre and update the corresponding table in the database on the Kobo?
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Have you restarted the device?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2017, 09:07 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
When I updated my H2O to 4.5.9587, it did a full rescan of all the books and therefore the book list sorted by date is screwed. (I also had to re-insert the extra dictionary entries in the database)
I was wondering since Calibre has the correct "date added" for the books in my library, if it was possible to read the original "date added" from Calibre and update the corresponding table in the database on the Kobo?
The device shouldn't have reloaded all your books. But, if they are all kepubs on the SD card, it will have. There is a bug in this version of the firmware that this will happen each time the SD card is processed (insert, restart of device, eject from PC). Kobo do know about this and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

Setting the dates from calibre is theoretically possible. My Kobo Utilities plugin can store the reading status from the device and restore it later. This includes the last read timestamp. It doesn't do anything with the date added, but, it's something I have considered but not gotten around to. It won't help you now, but I'll add it to my todo list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote