Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Albert LeRoi
Albert LeRoi began at the beginning.

Device: None
Led lighting visible

Hi!

I bought the Kobo Aura H20 2nd Edition today.

This is my first reader and I am disappointed to see that the led lighting is quite visible along the lower righthand side of the screen, to be point of being a distraction. Is this normal? The reviews of the reader which I had read were full of praise for the quality of the screen and the lighting. The lighting on the lefthand side, the top and the bottom edges is perfectly uniform.

Is this a sufficiently serious problem to warrant bringing the reader back to the shop for an exchange?

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by Albert LeRoi; 07-18-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Albert LeRoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Dithers
Dithers began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert LeRoi View Post
Hi!

This is my first reader and I am disappointed to see that the led lighting is quite visible along the lower righthand side of the screen, to be point of being a distraction. Is this normal? The reviews of the reader which I had read were full of praise for the quality of the screen and the lighting. The lighting on the lefthand side, the top and the bottom edges is perfectly uniform.

Is this a sufficiently serious problem to warrant bringing the reader back to the shop for an exchange?

Thanks for your advice!
I have an H2O 2nd edition. The lighting is very good; pretty much uniform from 1% up to 100% and whether 'Natural Light' is on or not. You've been unlucky, so yes, take it back.
Dithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
No problem getting replacement hopefully without screen problems. Best if quality control prevented defective readers reaching customers.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert LeRoi View Post
Hi!

Thanks for your advice!
Are you in a dark room with the light on high?
Darker rooms need less light.

If the answer is no, then you might want to return it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
Albert LeRoi
Albert LeRoi began at the beginning.

Device: None
Problem solved!

I want to thank you all for taking the time to reply. Your comments encouraged me to take the reader back to the shop which promptly replaced it! The new model has no light bleeding.

Once again, thank you!
Albert LeRoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert