Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #16
Amiieey
Connoisseur
Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amiieey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Likebook Mars, Kindle Fire HD 8
Not successful for me these 3 times. I have returned it for now and will maybe buy in the future when I can know what I am getting for my $$$. Great device though! Shame about the light but not something I'll have to worry about for now.
Amiieey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #17
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
I understand the nature of the beast and I obviously do not have any hard data to back it up, but reading here and elsewhere, complaints about the KA1's lighting and screen issues seem to be more than just unusual or uncommon. I can't or don't remember reading as many complaints about the NST or Paperwhite when I was doing pre-purchase research. I'm not saying every review or experience was positive but there wasn't the same preponderance of complaints about one or two weak areas. That's what I get when I read up on the KA1. Generally people love it, but even for some of those who do--they jumped through quite a few hoops to settle on something that worked for them.
i lean towards your point regarding the KA1 although i doubt if many will.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #18
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
If you don't remember reading a lot of complaints about the lighting on the Paperwhite, then maybe you didn't go back far enough. When the Paperwhite first came out, there were many many more complaints about it than what I've seen about the Aura One.

Shari
Well, I didn't buy the PW until late 2015 and definitely am not an early adopter. Sticking with the try and true, it reinforces my decision to hold off on the KA1. Perhaps the next iteration will smooth out the bumps. Or Amazon delivers a competitive alternative.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:31 PM   #19
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
If you don't remember reading a lot of complaints about the lighting on the Paperwhite, then maybe you didn't go back far enough. When the Paperwhite first came out, there were many many more complaints about it than what I've seen about the Aura One.

Shari
Yep, I remember that! And the first Paperwhite I saw in person was so awful and blotchy they would have had to pay me to read on it!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Last edited by graycyn; 07-27-2017 at 06:34 PM.
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 PM   #20
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiieey View Post
Not successful for me these 3 times. I have returned it for now and will maybe buy in the future when I can know what I am getting for my $$$. Great device though! Shame about the light but not something I'll have to worry about for now.
Sorry to hear it! But I can understand not wanting to pursue it further!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert