Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #46
jowit
jowit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
New here...
Does anyone know if you can add more than one library card when signed into Overdrive on the Aura One? Or, do you have to sign out and then sign back in using a different library card?
Also, one of the libraries I subscribe to does not yet support Overdrive signing in on the Aura one. I still have to side load it.
jowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #47
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
It doesn't seem that the One supports multiple libraries (yet?). You can login to an OD account, but you're prompted for a card/pin, there doesn't seem to be an option to add a second card.

I may open a chat w/ Kobo to see if there is a method of adding a second library since that seems like a glaring flaw.

Edited to add

After chatting with 'Sade G' I was informed that it's currently only one library for the Kobo Aura One.

As I was chatting I plugged in my KA1 and took a look at the reader database. It may be possible to enter a second there, but it'll need some testing. Which I'll try to do after I walk my puppy.

Last edited by MGlitch; 09-12-2016 at 02:50 PM.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #48
jowit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
It doesn't seem that the One supports multiple libraries (yet?). You can login to an OD account, but you're prompted for a card/pin, there doesn't seem to be an option to add a second card.

I may open a chat w/ Kobo to see if there is a method of adding a second library since that seems like a glaring flaw.

Edited to add

After chatting with 'Sade G' I was informed that it's currently only one library for the Kobo Aura One....
Thanks MGlitch. It's what I thought.
I am somewhat annoyed that I cannot log into my main library on the Aura one, although it supports Overdrive on the IPad. The Overdrive help site states that not all libraries are supported on the KAO yet but that they are working on it.

Last edited by jowit; 09-12-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #49
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alas my tinkering has come to naught. Though given my general lack of knowledge with sqlite I'm not terribly surprised.

I'd noticed that the OverDrive Library cards table retained entries for my two libraries, NYPL and BPL. It was the other OD table that only had one of the two. So I tried adding the other to it using the information from a database with the missing one. No go. Still only shows one library in the OD settings.

But perhaps someone with more experience here can do something I wasn't able to.

In the meantime, I would suggest everyone who is affected by this open tickets with Kobo. Sade said she would pass along the request for the feature, but I'm sure the more requests they get the more likely things will change.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #50
MGlitch
Wizard

Small update, you -can- do the following as a work around until Kobo enables multiple libraries.

Login to one, add the card, log out, login to the next, add the card, log out. Repeat for however many library cards you have. They are now stored on the device.

You can log in/out of them as easily as logging in and out of your overdrive account, you'll just need to pick them (sadly this isn't as easy as it could be). Kobo doesn't have a list of stored libraries, so when you're logging in to OD (after setting the cards up) you'll need to 'find' your library. It seems to use wifi to select the closest to you, and allows you to type the name of one.

Now you can search with whichever you're logged in to, borrow the books you want, and then do the same for the other(s), you'll be prompted to make sure you want to log out each time, and told you'll be able to read whatever you've downloaded until the loan period ends.

The hitch to this you -MUST- let it download the book before switching libraries. Otherwise when you go to download it comes as a kobo preview, even when logged back in to the proper library.

Overall not an ideal solution. But it does give me hope that the 'real' solution from Kobo isn't that hard. Or a better than this solution from the users.
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #51
poeta
poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.poeta is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I was also disappointed to find out I could only add one library to my Kobo. I use 4 different ones. I mentioned it to Kobo and they said they would pass on the info. to development. The Overdrive app on my iphone is wonderful for using multiple libraries. It shouldn't be too hard for Kobo to figure this out.
poeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #52
jowit

Hope so!
Old 09-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #53
MGlitch
Wizard

Really as with most things the more people who ask about it, the quicker/more likely this will be implemented.

Kobo has to be informed by us that this is a feature -in demand-. Otherwise it just gets put on the back burner.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:55 AM   #54
jowit

I am still unable to login directly on the KA1 to the large library in Montreal, which is my main library. When I emailed them, they said it was not yet supported on this device. On the plus side, I notice that side loads appear to be faster and less glitchy than on my Aura h2o.

Last edited by jowit; 09-18-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:21 PM   #55
csuh13
csuh13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I am having issues when I check out the same OD title for the second time. The Aura One doesn't want to download it "because it is already checked out" or it downloads a preview edition instead. Anyone else have this problem?
csuh13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:37 PM   #56
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuh13 View Post
I am having issues when I check out the same OD title for the second time. The Aura One doesn't want to download it "because it is already checked out" or it downloads a preview edition instead. Anyone else have this problem?
Did you do a sync after you borrowed the book?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:29 AM   #57
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuh13 View Post
Yes, I have this problem even after the latest firmware upgrade. I have seen others post the same thing.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #58
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes, I have this problem even after the latest firmware upgrade. I have seen others post the same thing.
These seems to be an issue and kobo is aware of it. The only way I found around it was to logout of my kobo account and log back in (but then it has to be all set up again).

I did find another trick, if your book expires but you do NOT exit the book (i.e. keep it in sleep mode and never go to the home screen or sync) you can continue to read.

I have a book that expired 7 days ago, but because I have not exited the book I can still read it. I hope they get a fix for it soon though.
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #59
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
... I'm bumping an old thread...

I'm new to KA1 (arrived today). Are there any updates on hooking up multiple library cards?

I was pleasantly surprised that when I hooked up one library card, I was able to immediately start reading the current book I have checked out on my H2O. When I searched for it, I had a "Read now" button and was able to download the checked out book, which was kind of cool!
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #60
beachboybogart
Connoisseur
beachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litterbeachboybogart doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura, and older devices lounging in my bookcase.
NO Overrive

Interestingly, on my new Kobo Aura ONE purchased through Chapters in December 2016, Overdrive has never shown up. Now that I have a library card in Ottawa, I figured it was worth a try. I have the latest update for software (4.2.8283), but Overdrive options are not listed on the settings page, or available from the Search function. I do have the new "wishlist", and everything else is just fine.

Tech support recommended a factory reset, which I guess is the only way to go. But that's not a happy thought, considering the time and effort I've put into setting it up the way I like it. I also cannot imagine how a basic feature of the software functionality could be missing at birth, so to speak.
beachboybogart is offline   Reply With Quote