Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #46
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes, that would be the basic idea behind any solution. The only real improvement would be a way to automatedly add that value, which would require a full database context and thus a calibre-debug script.

Example here (this is much the same concept, though it accomplishes a different goal): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=631

instead of in_list() you could use for readability (triggers when the column is non-empty):

Code:
various_authors=test(
	field('#serie'),
	'',
	 strcat(' - ', field('authors'))
);
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 AM   #47
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Python, long time ago...getting old. But of course weekend is coming and i will check that out. I feel me back into the HTML/CSS hard coding time

Quote:
instead of in_list() you could use for readability (triggers when the column is non-empty):

Code:
various_authors=test(
	field('#serie'),
	'',
);
I have changed the whole thing by adding "MAS" (Multi Author Series) to the "tags" metadata.
Advantage is that it does not messes the opf file with thousand of """ strings up, seams all Custom Column do that.
Also when deleting the Content of a "custom column" the Costum Colum metatag itself does not get deleted in the opf file, very messy

I see also that Calibre does not seam to use epub 3 DC tags. "DC: type" tag - the content would be related to my goal. Should work for templates even the books are epub 2. Any chance to get this into the Tag-Editor in Calibre?

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 03-12-2015 at 01:15 AM.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2015, 01:21 AM   #48
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Makes sense then.

As far as DC tags go -- custom columns are quite nonstandard as you saw, they need to define both content and parsing rules in the OPF. Using meta tags is I suspect deliberate.

Perhaps an identifiers type builtin column for storing DC metadata can be created. Theoretically. Kovid would have to decide it is worth it (and change always needs consideration).
What can you do with DC tags that you cannot do currently?
Old 03-12-2015, 01:34 AM   #49
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Well, anyway for now i think i am happy with the last solution - thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Perhaps in the future Kovid considers to add some epub 3 DC tags. There are some interesting DC tags like: type, collection, etc. Could give some opportunities i think like separating information. But you are right, there is nothing more we can do with or without new epub 3 DC tags, just a stylish advantage, not needing customs columns and not messing up the opf file.

Thanks again.
Thomas

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 03-12-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:43 AM   #50
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Sure.
Advert
Old 03-12-2015, 03:33 AM   #51
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
I added simple the Tag "MAS" (Multi Author Series) to "tags", than using:
Code:
program:

# return separator+authors if no Multi Autor Serie (MAS) is found, or return empty
various_authors=in_list(
	field('tags'),
	'&',
	'MAS',
	'',
);
[...]
..it seams to work as expected.
This works by accident. It will see MAS inside any tag, such as in MASTER. You are also using the wrong separator. Authors-like columns use '&', tags-like columns use ','.

You should use
Code:
program:

# return separator+authors if no Multi Autor Serie (MAS) is found, or return empty
various_authors=str_in_list(
	field('tags'),
	',',
	'MAS',
	'',
);
[...]
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:45 PM   #52
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Yes "MAS" could resolve in finding other tags which contains those three letters, i will choose some more unique
Thanks for the hint with the separator.
learning every day.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:53 AM   #53
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_AR View Post
Yes "MAS" could resolve in finding other tags which contains those three letters, i will choose some more unique
Thanks for the hint with the separator.
learning every day.
If you use str_in_list then it is looking for an exact match for the string, not a regular expression match as found in in_list. You wouldn't need to worry about MAS also matching MASTER or NAMASTE.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #54
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If you use str_in_list then it is looking for an exact match for the string, not a regular expression match as found in in_list. You wouldn't need to worry about MAS also matching MASTER or NAMASTE.
Thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #55
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Hah, I originally used in_list() because you implied that "Perry Rhodan" was a part of each affected series.

Lots more good information and useful functions listed in the manual (and built into the template dialog box) -- when you get a spare moment (and assuming you intend to master the use of templates) I suggest you take a look-see through them.

I don't remember half of them except well enough to know -- usually -- that "there should be something vaguely capable of doing x, let me look that up".
Old 03-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #56
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Lots more good information and useful functions listed in the manual (and built into the template dialog box) -- when you get a spare moment (and assuming you intend to master the use of templates) I suggest you take a look-see through them.

I don't remember half of them except well enough to know -- usually -- that "there should be something vaguely capable of doing x, let me look that up".
I downloaded the manual as epub and will have a closer look on the template section this weekend instead of reading a good fantasy book.

So at the end i am using:
Code:
program:

# return separator+authors if Multi Autor Serie (MAS) is not found, or return empty
	field('tags'),
	',',
	'MAS',
	'',
);
end_template=template('{series_index:0>4s| | - }{title} - {authors}');

start_template=test(
	field('series'),
	strcat(
		'_ ',
		field('series'),
		various_authors
	),
	field('authors')
);

strcat(start_template, '/', end_template);
I only would love one little change also based on Tag "MAS" i use and regarding series_index.

When MAS is found in Tags i like to have 0>4s (those series go app to 2000 books), but not in the other series (mostly they end at 20 at the most). Also there are some series with series indices with sub values 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 etc and those series are never bigger than 20 books.

So if MAS in Tags is not found i would like to have a series index with 0>4.2f or 0>4.1f, if found 0>4

Possible or a better solution?

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 03-13-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:35 PM   #57
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Try:

Code:
program:

# return separator+authors if Multi Autor Serie (MAS) is not found, or return empty
	field('tags'),
	',',
	'MAS',
	'',
);
sindex=str_in_list(
	field('tags'),
	',',
	'MAS',
	finish_formatting(field('series_index'), '0>5.2f', ' ', ' - '),
	finish_formatting(field('series_index'), '0>4s', ' ', ' - ')
);
start_template=test(
	field('series'),
	strcat(
		'_ ',
		field('series'),
		various_authors
	),
	field('authors')
);

strcat(start_template, '/', sindex, field('title'), ' - ', field('authors'));

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-13-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:52 PM   #58
Thomas_AR
Zealot

This is strangely not working.

I got for Series with NO "MAS" Tag and series index " 1, 2, 2.5, 3, 4 files as followed:

and in the tester i get the message in the checker: The template contains no {fields}, so books will have all the same name.

Last edited by Thomas_AR; 03-13-2015 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:25 PM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Hah, I originally used in_list() because you implied that "Perry Rhodan" was a part of each affected series.
That series is a bit of work because it could be done by issue or by cycle
I found me a chart and recoded series by cycle [in cycle index]

Perry Rhodan.Pobis[1]
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #60
Thomas_AR
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That series is a bit of work because it could be done by issue or by cycle
I found me a chart and recoded series by cycle [in cycle index]

Perry Rhodan.Pobis[1]
If i understand you right...
I thought about doing so with Custom columns, but it messes the opf ile up like hell

Quote:
I found me a chart ...
What do you mean by that?