Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #46
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I know it's not on the Tab reading list. But when I add it to the list in reading list plugin, which I have done, still nothing happens
Starting at the beginning:

The first capture shows the definition of a Tab reading list. It writes "Tab" to the custom column #readinglist when a book is put on it. Coloring and icon rules will not work unless Reading List writes something to the custom column.

The second capture shows the icon rule I used, putting your Android image on the Icon columns. I left off the OnDevice because I didn't want to be required to connect.

The third capture shows the resulting library, showing the icon.

The fourth capture shows the library after asking Reading List to show the Tab list.

How is what you are doing different from all of this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	reading_list.PNG
Views:	212
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	123145Click image for larger version

Name:	column_icon.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	123142Click image for larger version

Name:	library.PNG
Views:	190
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	123143Click image for larger version

Name:	library_showing_tab_reading_list.PNG
Views:	194
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	123144

Last edited by chaley; 05-19-2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Fixed reading list screen capture
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #47
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NB: I posted an incorrect screen capture of the reading list plugin. Edited to fix.
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #48
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Thank you thank you It's now working with the icons ... I'll try with more icons now ...
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #49
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I have now lost my icon again... I tried to get it to show up when the device was unplugged to show what was already on the device ... I guess I made another mistake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-19 17.27.16.png
Views:	164
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	123146  
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #50
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have now lost my icon again... I tried to get it to show up when the device was unplugged to show what was already on the device ... I guess I made another mistake.
The value of On Device can be trusted *only if* the device is plugged in. That fact makes it problematic to use On Device in rules, because what you see will vary mysteriously.

The best way to handle on-device is to make an on-device reading list that is populated whenever you connect the device. The following screen captures show you how to do that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	myondevice_column.PNG
Views:	177
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	123148   Click image for larger version

Name:	myondevice_list.PNG
Views:	177
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	123149   Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_rule.PNG
Views:	176
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	123150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	123151  
Advert
Old 05-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #51
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
I second the on-device reading list method. Be careful if you use virtual libraries though: you must open the full library when you plug/unplug the device, or the list will sync the books based on what's in the virtual library (i.e. will mark as 'not on device' every book not in the virtual library).
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #52
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I can't get it to remove the icon, when I remove the story from the Tab .... I'm beginning to wonder if I can even do this ...
Old 05-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #53
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I have now given up on the Tab icon, I've added the icons for favorites and remember, and they work fine ... And I've tried to add a color coding for the "on tab" ... but it doesn't seem to work. I've also tried the second one to "On Device" ... but still not green.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-19 20.11.57.png
Views:	165
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	123153  
Old 05-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #54
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I ended up giving it one last shot, I now an tab-icon for when the story is on the "waiting" list for the tablet, but I would like some help as to how I make all the columns green when they are on the tab and it's not connected.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #55
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Use the reading list plugin to create your own column that replicates the "on device" column.

Code:
List Name: On Tablet
List Type:  Auto populate from books on device
Device to sync this list to: <your tablet> OR *Any Device
When changing this list: update column for add or remove
Column to update: <your new custom column>
Value in column to add/remove: Y

Custom Column:
Lookup name: <your new custom column
Column heading: On Tablet
Colun type: Yes/No
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #56
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I tried that yesterday, but it didn't stay green when I unplugged my tablet. I've attached screenshots of my settings.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-20 15.28.19.png
Views:	159
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	123172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2014-05-20 15.28.39.png
Views:	187
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	123173  
Old 05-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #57
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works perfectly for me!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #58
Tanjamuse
Wizard

It does turn green, when the story is on, but when I remove it again on the tab, it's still green in calibre ... It also still says yes in the column for "on tab".
Old 05-20-2014, 11:15 AM   #59
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
Quote:
It does turn green, when the story is on, but when I remove it again on the tab, it's still green in calibre ... It also still says yes in the column for "on tab".
Maybe a sync problem when you unplug the device. I use the SmartEject plugin to, well, eject my device; it can force a sync of your reading lists, among other nifty things. Ihaven't had any list sync problem since.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #60
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Remember that the Reading List plugin only updates the Auto populated lists when the device is detected as being connected, so if you drop a book from the device until you either disconnect / reconnect your device OR perform a "Sync Now" operation via the Reading List plugin, the list will not be updated and the colour of the row will not change.