Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 AM   #1
hugoread
hugoread began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite V1
Phantom Documents

Hello,

Yesterday I loaded 24 personal PDFs onto my Kindle Fire HD via USB, simply copying them across. (I deliberately copied them to the books folder instead of the docs folder in the hope that they would show up as books, this may or may not be relevant. As it happens, they still showed as docs, not books)

I later decided that I didn't want them on the device after all, so I plugged it in again and simply deleted the files.

However, after unplugging the device and tapping on 'docs' they were all still listed as being on the device! Tapping on one didn't do anything, as they weren't actually on there at all. I rebooted and they were still there. So I then laboriously did a long tap and choose delete on all 24 of them. Then I rebooted again. Guess what? - They are now showing up again! They are definitely *not* on the device, so it looks like there's some meta data somewhere that is convincing the fire that they are on the device. Relevant that they were in the books folder and not the docs folder? Maybe.

Any thoughts?!
hugoread is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
persistent docs