Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
GOOGLE APPS

Trying to get apps only Google has to play on my Kindle Fire HD. 1st step is to get the Google Play App to go on it! HOW!! I am soooo lost!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are you rooted already? You'll need to do that first.

Nate's article has links to everything you should need...
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...y-google-apps/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Root it! Nope not getting all that junk just for a few apps! Guess I live without my Sony ebooks my Vudu movies Sigh
Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #4
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
You could find someone who has access to Google Play to download and send the apps to you and then sideload them to your KFHD.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
We can send you the APKs, but it's not guaranteed to work since there's missing APIs on the Kindles.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
There are some google apps that work without rooting, see this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1895040

The key is to first install the google services .apk before trying to install and log into the other google apps.

I haven't tried them all myself yet but I do have YouTube and Google Drive up and running and no root.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Have you tried getting apps through 1mobile.com or getjar.com? Using either of those you can install aldiko or mantano lite for your epubs. That's how I do it on my 1st gen Fire. So I can't say for sure if it will work on the HD.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I also have current, youtube, play magazine and google drive on my kindle fire hd without rooting by following the instructions thats on xda developers.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Evey Web Site I go on that offers Apps for their site uses Google. Makes no sence to me. I have an epub ebook App but cant seem to get my Sony ebooks on it. Want the Sony eReader/Vudu/ and a few others BTW ALL are Freebies. No GetJar doent have them. Step 1 for downloading from Google is to get the Google Player App. BUT says Dont work with Kindles or Nooks. [Finally found that after I started this.]
Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
What you need to try is this, on your Fire browser, go to 1mobile.com. Download and install their app. Then search on there for aldiko, and install it. Then you can load your Sony epubs (if they don't have DRM) and read them in aldiko on your Fire.

I can't remember if getjar uses an app or if you just download it from their site. Do so using the browser on your Kindle Fire, not your computer.

I prefer to read ebooks on my Fire in aldiko or mantano, versus the amazon app. So even Kindle books I usually convert and load in epub. Both of those apps have the capability to organize your books into collections. Plus they don't clutter the carousel that way, only the app (such as aldiko) will show on the carousel when you open it, but not the books you opened within the app.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Evey Web Site I go on that offers Apps for their site uses Google. Makes no sence to me. I have an epub ebook App but cant seem to get my Sony ebooks on it. Want the Sony eReader/Vudu/ and a few others BTW ALL are Freebies. No GetJar doent have them. Step 1 for downloading from Google is to get the Google Player App. BUT says Dont work with Kindles or Nooks. [Finally found that after I started this.]
Vudu is at 1Mobile Click arrow by install button and choose PC to download apk.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
How do I install Aldiko on my Kindle Fire?

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Blossom where does it come up once its in the Fire? Says its there but Where
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #14
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
The video is very helpful. The collections feature seems useful.

Is it fair to assume that Aldiko runs on the Kindle Fire HD as well as the KF (not HD)?
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

HELP! Ok took time off to re-group. As Said it Fire HD says the apk 1Mobile app IS there. But I cant get beyond the 1Mobile page that says it needs downloaded! So I cant get to the Vudu Apps or any other! This is on the Fire itself. I Can see it IF I click the Links in Blossoms coments.... ugh