Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
Message on ereader: download failed(but book works on ipad)

This has happened to two books I purchased and have recently tried to read on my Aura 2. Both are readable on ipad and show as readable on ereaders in the icon list in the kobo store.

The only thing odd about one of them is that it shows a blank cover in the kobo app. The other looks fine.

I can sideload via Calibre, but I'd rather not .

Anyone had this happen? I've had kobos since the original Touch and it's never happened with a purchased book that indicates it's readable on ereaders. It even tells me I don't have to download the book and can go directly through the ereader when I press the download buttons in the new library format.

Last edited by tea2; 07-18-2017 at 02:35 AM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:07 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have seen that occasionally over the years. Usually removing the book and downloading it again will fix things. I think with one I had to delete the book from the account and the restore it from the archive to get it working. One thing I usually do when this sort of thing happens is to restart the device between attempts.

Something that should fix it but can take time is the "Repair your Kobo account" function. This is on the "Device information" page of the settings. When you use this, it removes and downloads all your purchased books from the Kobo server. How long it takes will depend on how many books you have. This doesn't affect any sideloaded books you have on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #3
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
Ah! Thanks! I've had cases where I had downloaded the preview and wasn't able to get the full book after purchasing. Then I had to fiddle with the trash, but in this case it seemed to be random with no preview involved.

Last edited by tea2; 07-18-2017 at 01:00 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote