Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #1
redhotguitar
redhotguitar began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2
Advice on software

Hi all,

I've recently bought a kobo aura edition 2.

I found the latest software to be a bit buggy (4.4.9349 i think)- there was a lot of battery drain and i'd sometimes wake up to a completely drained device due to it.

I ended up sideloading 4.4.9298. It's still got a few bugs-namely, the light doesnt turn off when i put the device to sleep (i have to manually turn it down first). Also the light keeps turning on when i turn my device on even when i've previously set it to 0.

Are there any other previous software versions you could advice? I only really sideload books on my device so i don't need the greatest functionality in terms of the kobo store etc. I just want a working light and a good battery life

Cheers all
redhotguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I have the older Kobo Aura rather than the Edition 2. I use firmware 4.3.8945 and don't have either of those issues. Not sure if your model would support it.

I also learned that if you are happy with the current firmware, it's often not worth updating.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I have the older Kobo Aura rather than the Edition 2. I use firmware 4.3.8945 and don't have either of those issues. Not sure if your model would support it.

I also learned that if you are happy with the current firmware, it's often not worth updating.
But depending on what firmware you are using, it can be worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 AM   #4
redhotguitar
redhotguitar began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura edition 2
I rolled back to before the new home screen. I love it. I haven't needed to charge my kobo since

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
redhotguitar is offline   Reply With Quote