Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
some call me tim
Connoisseur
some call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesome call me tim can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra
I'll second David Baldacci, though I'd go with his "Camel Club" series. That's how I got turned on to him, and largely found that the books outside the series weren't as fulfilling.
some call me tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by some call me tim View Post
I'll second David Baldacci, though I'd go with his "Camel Club" series. That's how I got turned on to him, and largely found that the books outside the series weren't as fulfilling.
I will get the first one and see if I like it. Thank you!
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaum4853 View Post
If you liked Life of Pi, Yann Martel has a new one out called Beatrice and Virgil. It's on e-Reader in the major stores for $9.99.

And speaking of member's work, here's a freebie.
Spencer, that is a great read Thank you!!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I stumbled upon this lovely Science Fiction title Quarter Share by Nathan Lowell from the Solar Clipper Trader series

This is a remarkable book I will have a hard time waiting until October for the sequel. With so many new SF books being all blood and thunder it was especially nice to find a cracking good novel that doesn't involve wars and death. I have all the Hornblower and O'Brian right next to me and this book strikes me as a blend of them and Andre Norton. Lovely. It also reminds me of a group of books from the late 40's and 50's that told stories of the Merchant Marine and tramp steamers I read years ago. It was equally nice to discover that the ebook is well formatted, much better than the majority of the ebooks, even those from major publishers. There are another four books as well as two spin off tales already written as Podiobooks which will be released as ebooks/pbooks in the next couple of years. At least one more of the Share books is being written.

At $3.89 it is an exceptional value IMO

Last edited by NormHart; 09-18-2010 at 03:15 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
wachuko
eBook Worm

I finished all the books in the Harry Bosch series (Michael Connelly) and all the books in the Camel Club series (David Baldicci). I was hooked! Thank you all for recommending them.

What else should I be looking for?
Advert