Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
darthguru
darthguru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Greetings from Arizona...

Greetings all,

Just found this site when reading the www.engadget.com posts about the new Kindle 2 which I preordered within minutes of it being available on Amazon's site this morning.

I live in Glendale, AZ and love to read.

So, here's to great discussion about books and the gadgets to read them with!
darthguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi darthguru and welcome to Mobile Read

That "Greetings from Arizona" did it...

Any minute now I will be trampled by a few of the dedicated members with kindles -- I'm a sony 505 gal.

Roam the site, check out the kindle forums, and ask questions...someone will jump in and answer and / or point you to where you can find the information.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 01:34 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello -- welcome to MobileRead. As I hope you've noticed, the forums have been hopping for the past week with the Kindle2 news. I own both a Kindle and a Sony 505. Both are nice. Either would be fine as the only device. I tend to use the Kindle more than the Sony -- it just feels better in my hands. But, the only device with a lightwedge in the cover is the Sony and that makes it excellent for reading in the car at night.

The regulars here at MobileRead are definitely knowledgeable about reading devices -- and books. Be sure to check out the library here at MobileRead. Get a copy of the MobiPocket Download Guide and put it on your new Kindle when it arrives. You can then use the guide to download any of the books directly to the Kindle.

We're glad you dropped in. Hang around and tell us more about you and the books you like to read.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi darthguru, greetings to you too and welcome to MobileRead
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi darthguru and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like the Kindle 2 once it arrives.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert