Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #226
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
A man is walking by an insane asylum at dusk when he hears a
bunch of people chanting eerily, "Thirteen. Thirteen. Thirteen."

His curiosity piqued, he finds a hole in the fence and peeks
through. Suddenly, a finger pops through and pokes his eye out.

Now the chanting changes to, "Fourteen. Fourteen. Fourteen."
Ah - the serious side to the thread has re-surfaced...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #227
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
[I'm on a Google joke stealing roll!]

Lewis bought two horses, and could never remember which was
which. A neighbor suggested that he cut the tail of one horse
and that worked great until the other horse got his tail
caught in a bush. It tore just right and looked exactly like
the other horse's tail and Lewis was stuck again.

The neighbor suggested he notch the ear of one horse. That
worked fine until the other horse caught his ear on a barbed
wire fence. Once again Lewis couldn't tell them apart.

The neighbor suggested he measure the horses for height.
When he did, he was very pleased to find that the white horse
was 2 inches taller than the black one.
Oh the it is the simple things that make us smile.
I wouldn't have admitted to google, Pawn them off as originals until proven otherwise!
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #228
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I have to tell the truth. If I ever show up at an ereader gathering, I don't want anyone to expect me to entertain them with my comedy stylings (unless I have my laptop with me).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #229
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
I have to tell the truth. If I ever show up at an ereader gathering, I don't want anyone to expect me to entertain them with my comedy stylings (unless I have my laptop with me).
Put them on your Kindle because lord knows you never leave home without it.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #230
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Put them on your Kindle because lord knows you never leave home without it.

JJ
That is so true. I just hopped on my bike ride to do some errands (Post Office, Bank, Grocery Store) and I took my Kindle with me.

I opted to drop the package in the street-side mail box. The line in bank was short as was the line at the grocery store, so I didn't get to read.
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #231
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
And now you can watch it....

"13"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JneCQR-q31U

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #232
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
  1. Locate a person you'd like to draw
  2. draw a rapid sketch - be obvious about it
  3. approach the person, introduce yourself
  4. show your sketch
  5. ask if they have time to sit for a more complete sketch
  6. if they are receptive, finish your drawing
  7. show your other sketches, including the nudes
  8. "Would you consider posing for something like this?"
  9. T/F branch based on response.

Et, voila!

I liked the last one better.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM   #233
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
[I'm on a Google joke stealing roll!]

Lewis bought two horses, and could never remember which was
which. A neighbor suggested that he cut the tail of one horse
and that worked great until the other horse got his tail
caught in a bush. It tore just right and looked exactly like
the other horse's tail and Lewis was stuck again.

The neighbor suggested he notch the ear of one horse. That
worked fine until the other horse caught his ear on a barbed
wire fence. Once again Lewis couldn't tell them apart.

The neighbor suggested he measure the horses for height.
When he did, he was very pleased to find that the white horse
was 2 inches taller than the black one.
I have to admit that the punch line surprised. I thought he was going to find that the stallion was taller than the mare.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #234
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

[more theft]

A bear walks into a bar and says, "Let me have a rum ..... ...... ..... ........ ....... ...... ....and coke." The bartender looks at him and says, "Why the big pause?" The bear, looking confused, holds up his paws and says, "Oh these, ah I was born with them."
Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #235
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

A zen-master walks up to a hot dog stand, turns to the man selling the hot dogs and says, "Can you make me one with everything?"
Old 07-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #236
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
[more theft]

A bear walks into a bar and says, "Let me have a rum ..... ...... ..... ........ ....... ...... ....and coke." The bartender looks at him and says, "Why the big pause?" The bear, looking confused, holds up his paws and says, "Oh these, ah I was born with them."
This one I LOVE!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #237
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Next big merger......

So that you can be in on the ground floor and make a mint..buy these stocks now!

. Victoria 's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name:

wait for it........

TittyTittyBangBang
Old 07-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #238
slayda
Retired & reading more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So that you can be in on the ground floor and make a mint..buy these stocks now!

. Victoria 's Secret and Smith &Wesson will merge under the new name:

wait for it........

TittyTittyBangBang
That's two for you DG but I have to spread the karma around before I can give you more. (Same comment though.)
Old 07-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #239
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
That's two for you DG but I have to spread the karma around before I can give you more. (Same comment though.)
Guess I'm goofy, but I'm still giggling over here.......
Old 07-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #240
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
This was once voted the top British joke:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping, and pitch their tent under the stars. During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."

Watson says: "I see millions of stars, and even if a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life."

Holmes replies: "Watson, you idiot. Somebody stole our tent."
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness