Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #1966
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Joni Mitchell - Hejira:
Must....resist...temptation....to...listen...to... .Joni....Mitchell.....!!! TOO LATE!!

Joni Mitchell - Barangrill

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #1967
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Just saw this on TV and found it on YouTube, too:

Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #1968
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Just saw this on TV and found it on YouTube, too:

Whenever I see Diana Krall I'm always reminded of her husband, whose music I love:

Elvis Costello - Pump it Up

Old 08-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #1969
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Whenever I see Diana Krall I'm always reminded of her husband, whose music I love:
Elvis Costello - Pump it Up
Ha! Look how thin Elvis is! Those were the days!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #1970
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Ha! Look how thin Elvis is! Those were the days!
The biggest Elvis shock was when I saw him with a full beard playing country music on a video

It's late here in Blighty, gone 3am but I'm writing and I need exciting music at the moment, so I'm listening to the Aquabats!!

The Aquabats - Super Rad

Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #1971
Moejoe
Banned

Why do I always discover bands after they've broken up?

The Soviettes - Multiply & Divide

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #1972
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Midnight Moses
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #1973
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Smokey Robinson is playing at an open air festival just down the road tonight. I thought I'd just listen to some of his music.

Smokey Robinson & the Temptations ~ My Girl (1965)

Smokey Robinson ~ Just to see her (2008)

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #1974
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
After spending a whole hour in a restaurant trying to figure out what was the name of the band singning Don't you Forget About Me (Simple Minds!), we jumped on youtube and found that:

Really nice and fun mix!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #1975
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
After spending a whole hour in a restaurant trying to figure out what was the name of the band singning Don't you Forget About Me (Simple Minds!), we jumped on youtube and found that:

Really nice and fun mix!
Which put me in mind of this:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #1976
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Electric Flag - Killing Floor

The old Howlin' Wolf tune in its most exciting version. From Buddy Miles on drums to Mike Bloomfield on guitar, Electric Flag was a great although short lived group of superstars. They are from the Cream, Blind Faith era. The audio in this clip is from their first album.

RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #1977
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Seatrain - 13 Questions

An often overlooked group and song. A pure delight to see in concert. The main member was Peter Rowen.

There is also a live version that prohibits embedding located here.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #1978
Moejoe
Banned

The Last Straw - Katie Price writes bestselling books :(

oops, wrong posting
Old 08-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #1979
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

I am currently listening to my second severe thunderstorm today. One at 11:00 am this morning and now this one at 8:30 pm tonight ...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #1980
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
I am currently listening to my second severe thunderstorm today. One at 11:00 am this morning and now this one at 8:30 pm tonight ...

I love the sound of thunderstorms

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)