Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Pineapplerings
Pineapplerings began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Help - T1 screen is stuck flashing on and off

Hi

Please can anyone advise me what to do. My T1 screen just starting flashing on and off with refresh icon in middle of screen. I was reading at the time and it started when I tried to turn the page. It has been doing it for an hour - won't shut off, go to menu, etc - just keeps flashing...

Help!!!
Pineapplerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
That recently happened to me. I put it down after reading to go to bed & woke up to see it flashing. ???

Very odd but easily fixed. Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Let go. Press the power button and it should turn on as if you powered off.

Hope this helps.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Quinto
Quinto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
That also happened to me yesterday... the first time it occurs, but I got my reader two weeks ago and I'm afraid that it comes about again.
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Pineapplerings

Hi

Thanks for your help. Now fixed!!! Not sure why it did that but no data lost so all's well!!!

Great to have this forum!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I thought that meant the battery was low. It happened to my husband's T1. I plugged it into the wall charger, got it turned off then on, and it was fine.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
Do you really have to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds? Is there a difference to just pushing it?
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
Pineapplerings

Mine wasn't flashing because the battery was low - I think it was just throwing a wobbly!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #8
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookp View Post
Do you really have to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds? Is there a difference to just pushing it?
When it happened to me I tried plugging it into the wall but nothing happened. Then I pressed the power button, nothing happened. I pressed the reset button but nothing happened.

Everything I tried did nothing. I still had the spinning refresh symbol. To get it to fully shut down you have to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Why? I have no idea. I'm not that techy as to know why a single press doesn't work but a 10 second hold does. I just know that it does.

I've had my device since October 2011 and it's never done that. It happened a couple of weeks ago & it's been fine since. It scared the bejeepers out of me though. lol
Old 06-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapplerings View Post
Mine wasn't flashing because the battery was low - I think it was just throwing a wobbly!
Same here. I think it was jealous that I was reading the Kindle more lately. lol

I'm glad it worked and that I was able to help. I found too that even pressing & holding the power button didn't do the trick. Very odd indeed.

I wonder if it had anything to do with those solar flares because it happened around then. My Kindle went nuts too. I turned on the wifi to look at something and said no wifi connectivity and then it lost ALL my data!! I had to do the same thing, reset it and then it was fine. Everything was back to exactly what it was half an hour before. *shrugs*
Old 06-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
HAL Sumpter
HAL Sumpter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader
I've got exactly the same problem, currently have the reader charging to see if that helps, but I can't do anything with it - not even power it off.
HAL Sumpter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL Sumpter View Post
I've got exactly the same problem, currently have the reader charging to see if that helps, but I can't do anything with it - not even power it off.
That's not going to work. Follow the instructions in the second post. Press & hold the Reset button (the one you have to insert something into), press the power button & it'll cycle on.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
The same thing happened to me yesterday afternoon. I have never experienced it before, and have had my T-1 since it was released last fall. As with everyone else, pressing the reset button solved the problem, although I was also forced to reauthorize my reader in the Sony store using my Adobe password. It seems very curious to me that this has happened to so many people at the same time. Any ideas why this could be?
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Happened to me for the first time a couple of days ago (having owned the T1 for nearly a year). Weird.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I wonder if it has to do with the new web-based Reader Store? Could it force everone to reauthorize their readers? See below:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180446
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #15
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
This happened to me about 2 days after I bought my reader it made me think I'd made a big mistake and the thing was very unstable and buggy. I've not had it occur even once since though and that was months ago.

I basicly ended up just blaming the ebook I was reading at the time as nothing else made much sense it was very poorly timed though as it very nearly resulted in a return
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote