Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Fictionwise closing their Yahoo group

Anyone else get this email today? They "recommend" using the BN forums. I'm not thrilled about this actually, but considering that BN bought them, not surprised.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Booo! I liked the Yahoo list.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Here's the text of the message:

Dear Fictionwise Yahoo Newsgroup Members,

We now recommend that our members participate in the Barnes & Noble Community Boards, which are very active and professionally moderated!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/

We will be closing our Yahoo group. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this message board!

The Fictionwise Team
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #4
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
oh no!
carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #5
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I will miss it. The B&N nook board can be useful, but it's not well organized because there are so many stickies. They are reorganizing the nook board today, but it still won't be the same.

Besides, now I won't be able to respond to one of the most recent posts on the Fictionwise group and point out that the nook isn't supposed to be backlit because it's e-ink.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Anyone else get this email
YES.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
No, I didn't get the email, but I stopped using the group when they started censoring me last year.

And no, I wasn't being abusive or anything like that. I was asking when FW was going to support Adobe epub and they kept deleting my posts.

I'm pretty sure it was an overzealous moderator (I still have the emails I exchanged with said moderator), and not FW itself, to be fair, but it made the group pretty useless as far as I was concerned.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:23 AM   #8
AUWG
AUWG is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony or ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
No, I didn't get the email, but I stopped using the group when they started censoring me last year.

And no, I wasn't being abusive or anything like that. I was asking when FW was going to support Adobe epub and they kept deleting my posts.

I'm pretty sure it was an overzealous moderator (I still have the emails I exchanged with said moderator), and not FW itself, to be fair, but it made the group pretty useless as far as I was concerned.
Well, it wasn't me (auwg).
I noticed what I thought were missing messages now and then, but had no way to find out what happened to them.

I received a 'Thanks, but we're going to close the group' email and found the group had already been closed.

Why isn't there a Fictionwise-specific subsection at the BN forums?
Or even here at Mobilread?
I wouldn't want to be a mod again, but I'm sure someone would.
Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
http://www.AbintraPress.com
My Fictionwise ratings: http://tinyurl.com/26v45
My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs
"3rd World Products, Book 1" on Fictionwise Top 50 page:
http://www.fictionwise.com/Z95920TC21/top50.htm
AUWG is offline   Reply With Quote