Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
As I've already stated, quote notification doesn't appear to be something I'll be using, but thanks, Alex, on behalf of those who will. Of course, I say I can't see myself using this, but never say never!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I think it's nice if you're one to unsubscribe out of threads you're no longer interested in but wouldn't want to accidentally ignore someone who is talking to you.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #18
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good point.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:21 AM   #19
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Quote notification and @tagging... we'll have it all. Soon.
That's great! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
I think it's nice if you're one to unsubscribe out of threads you're no longer interested in but wouldn't want to accidentally ignore someone who is talking to you.
Exactly!
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Quote notification and @tagging... we'll have it all. Soon.
I hope that there would be an easy way to opt-out.

Quote:
Beside the fact that there are usually others that can answer your questions, if I'm not interested in a thread anymore, then I'm not interested in replying to posts in that thread anymore. Because of this maybe there needs to be a sign when someone unsubscribes to let the other members know that that person chooses to no longer take part in the conversation.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Yes, there'll be an option in the alert preferences.

Quote:
Receive an alert when someone...

- Replies to a watched thread
- Attaches a file to a watched thread
- Quotes your message
- Tags you in a message
- Likes your message
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #22
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, there'll be an option in the alert preferences.

I'll look forward to the new and improved forum.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #23
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Beside the fact that there are usually others that can answer your questions, if I'm not interested in a thread anymore, then I'm not interested in replying to posts in that thread anymore. Because of this maybe there needs to be a sign when someone unsubscribes to let the other members know that that person chooses to no longer take part in the conversation.
As easy as opting out of thread subscription notifications.

So you wouldn't use it, cool. Others would. Just pointing out that just because someone can't see how they would use a feature doesn't make it a useless feature.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #24
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
As easy as opting out of thread subscription notifications.

So you wouldn't use it, cool. Others would. Just pointing out that just because someone can't see how they would use a feature doesn't make it a useless feature.
Useless (to me personally, not in general) wouldn't be a problem. I think that it will influence how people interact. A while back there was a new member that got upset because he/she didn't immediately get a reply to a post.

By that I mean that he/she made a post at 03:35 PM and another at 03:59 PM, and while neither contained a question, a reply must have been expected, because at at 04:50 PM (yes, on the same day) came this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Wow, just because I'm a new member I'm getting ignored? Not enough "karma"?
I know that this is an extreme case, and I haven't encountered the situation again, but without quote notification someone actually considered that not getting a reply within an hour and 15 minutes of posting meant that he/she was being ignored.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
I know that this is an extreme case, and I haven't encountered the situation again, but without quote notification someone actually considered that not getting a reply within an hour and 15 minutes of posting meant that he/she was being ignored.
I actually don't think that case is too extreme because I see it way too often lol.

I don't see this changing things much though. You wont know who has notifications turned on or even if they have it on, if they're online to even see them.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #26
Sil_liS
Wizard

Quote:
I actually don't think that case is too extreme because I see it way too often lol.

I don't see this changing things much though. You wont know who has notifications turned on or even if they have it on, if they're online to even see them.
I'm happy that I've only seen this once.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
You mean we are going to a "Like" system!?!?

<sigh>

I really don't like those. Is there going to be "anti-Like" also?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I really don't like those. Is there going to be "anti-Like" also?
Why wouldn't you like them? I have experienced them to be quite rewarding. No anti-likes though.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I've always thought the "Like" button a little misleading. On Facebook, for instance, when a friend posts something important like, "A politician I despise was caught with his hand in the till," what does it mean if you "Like" it? Does that mean you approve of your friend's post, or that you approve of stealing? A friend reports, "Giant flood swallows North Dakota; survivors in dire straits and asking for outside help," do you "Like" it so it will gain a wider audience? Doesn't that sound as if you like the fact that people in N.D. are screwed?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
That has been my experience as well. You just never know. But as long as there is not a way for a person(s) to just knock down the reputation of someone that they do not like or do not agree with, then that is a good thing. I have just seen "Like" systems really to be something else than what they were designed to do.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote