Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #1
Londave
Londave began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Blank Screen

Hi All:

First time poster -- thanks for all the great info!

I tried a search and am sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere -- please point me to that spot.

I have successfully applied the jailbreak and the screensaver hack to my Kindle 3.

After the first timeout I get the attached picture -- the default (NILUJE).

Everything seems good -- I grabbed some other pictures, in the proper format (.png 600x800), and now when it timesout I get a blank screen.

What's wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00_you_can_delete_me.png
Views:	428
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	79869  
Londave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
StreetGeek
StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.StreetGeek is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: KO3
I just use jpg and are 12 grey scale and I have no problems.. try that
StreetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Londave
Londave began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Unhappy Further testing

Ok I did some further testing...

If I take another .png image and call it 00_you_can_delete_me.png it will display the new image. A .jpg with named changed to the above and extension changed (to .jpg) displays a blank screen.

The same.png that worked when the name was changed will not work with it's download name Wanted_cat.png

So...strange behaviour.

Something with the naming convention?
Something I missed in the hack -- did the jailbreak and Screensaver update only?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wanted_Cat.png
Views:	631
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	79891  
Londave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Restart your kindle.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote