Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #4381
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Oops! A couple of Blue Beatles!

Last edited by alansplace; 08-22-2014 at 10:20 AM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:35 AM   #4382
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Haha, I hope that is not your new ride. Blue beetles need a master mechanic like Mike. Got one?

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 08-22-2014 at 10:39 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #4383
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool a metamorphosis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thanks alot for that, now I got ", I did it again" stuck in my head, and not in a good way.

just underwent a metamorphosis! Better go check it out!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #4384
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmm, autographed via bookplate. I've always tended to avoid those myself, and I'm trying to reduce my collection of books, not increase it.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #4385
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool What to read after your 3rd reading of Skin Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I just put two books (Outlander and Under the Skin) onto the MFRL (maybe finish reading later) pile leaving The Spitting Image, The Paper Magician and Mr. Mercedes as well as adding Ready Player One (at 8%) to my 'currently reading' list!
Quote:
I finished reading The Spitting Image pretty much immediately.
Last night I finished reading Ready Player One! An engrossing story with great characters, and it's happening in a fantastic and interesting environment. I couldn't put it down last night till I finished it (an hour and a half after my normal bedtime)!

Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #4386
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Last night I finished reading Ready Player One! An engrossing story with great characters, and it's happening in a fantastic and interesting environment. I couldn't put it down last night till I finished it (an hour and a half after my normal bedtime)!

Quote:
SO NOW ARE YOU TWO HAPPY!?

NOW I'M HAPPY!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #4387
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You are doing good with an hour and a half past bedtime. Sometimes on the weekend I read until an hour or two before I usually get up out of bed - way past bedtime.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #4388
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim’s Dragon Con Schedule

Did anyone else notice this item in Jim’s Dragon Con Schedule?

Quote:
Title: Dresden Files – Bringing the Wizard to Life
Description: Interview and audience Q&A with the creator of the Harry Dresden character and the actor who brought him to life on the screen.
Time: Sat 2:30pm – 3:30pm (Length: 1 Hour)
Tentative Panelists: Jim Butcher, Paul Blackthorne
It's interesting to me because I'd seen the entire TV series before discovering the books! Because I'd enjoyed the TV show and would miss it since It'd been cancelled was the reason I went looking for the books.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #4389
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Beam me up...Scotty

Quote:
Haha, I hope that is not your new ride. Blue beetles need a master mechanic like Mike. Got one?

Yep, his name's Scotty.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #4390
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
NOW I'M HAPPY!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it!
And now I'm happy too!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #4391
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again

Quote:
Thanks alot for that, now I got ", I did it again" stuck in my head, and not in a good way.

Oh! You meant this:

Old 08-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #4392
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Oh! You meant this:

[YOUTUBEVIDEO]

Yes exactly. Not my kind of music. First time I seen the music video - and it didn't improve my opinion of the song.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #4393
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Paul Blackthorne Q&A - 'The Dresden Files'

For some odd reason the below video is on YouTube and the other 3 parts seem to only be available on the SyFy web site. Access these other 3 parts here.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #4394
piper28
Zealot
piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piper28 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Dresden Files tv series is available on amazon prime. I watched the whole thing, but man, sometimes the clashes with the books was just really jarring to me. But since I'd read the books before seeing the series, I did find it amusing how they cherry-picked things from the series to use.
piper28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #4395
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool I liked the Dresden Files TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper28 View Post
The Dresden Files tv series is available on amazon prime. I watched the whole thing, but man, sometimes the clashes with the books was just really jarring to me. But since I'd read the books before seeing the series, I did find it amusing how they cherry-picked things from the series to use.
I've not yet run across anyone who viewed the TV series after having become a fan of the novels and actually liked the TV series. I however liked the TV series a lot as I saw the entire series as it was broadcast on SyFy. But then it got cancelled and because I missed it, I located the books and started reading them. I liked the books even better. I have DVDs of the TV series and watch them periodically.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy