Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
And here's a link to the picture on KryptonSite leading to speculation that Clark might be losing his underpants:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/manofstee...ustice-league/
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #32
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
clark should join the fad and wear skinny jeans xP
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #33
newlaza
Enthusiast
newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.

Device: Secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
clark should join the fad and wear skinny jeans xP
Jeggings for all!

I think The Flaming C set the standard. The oven mitt is the clincher.

newlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #34
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Surely they wont try to charge full cover price for the digital versions
Comics are about the only digital medium that I would let get away with it. In the book publishing world, there are a lot of steps in the promotion and distribution ladder that range from inefficiency to outright grifting, and digital distribution circumvents a lot of them. Comics, though, are priced pretty close to the bone as it is. Nobody picks up an inkpot or opens a comics shop to get rich. If there's fat to be trimmed at DC and Marvel, it's at the very top where all those licensing fees for the movies and toys land, not at the printing presses/servers or on the trucks/tubes that put the comics in front of your eyeballs.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #35
newlaza
Enthusiast
newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.newlaza is the One.

Device: Secret
Quote:
hmm...i might be interested, but one member in a GR group I'm in expressed concerns that this may lead to some sort of white-washing? i mean, that maybe some would be cleaned up to appeal to the general market? he was mainly concerned that gay characters would disappear.
They just announced Batwoman #1, which features a lesbian protagonist, so I think your groupmate's fears can be assuaged.
newlaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #36
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaza View Post
They just announced Batwoman #1, which features a lesbian protagonist, so I think your groupmate's fears can be assuaged.
neat! i may just buy for the gay characters

well, until a good comics reader comes out anyway (that's not so expensive)
Old 06-06-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
neat! i may just buy for the gay characters ...
Ever read Rawhide Kid: Slap Leather? I thought it was rather fun.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #38
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Ever read Rawhide Kid: Slap Leather? I thought it was rather fun.
nope~ it wasn't until recently that i went back to all forms of reading (in line when i decided to buy an ereader) i'll check that out.

but i like that they decided to put out digital editions of their comics. i tend to get really anxious about dirt and real books xP
Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #39
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
nope~ it wasn't until recently that i went back to all forms of reading (in line when i decided to buy an ereader) i'll check that out.

but i like that they decided to put out digital editions of their comics. i tend to get really anxious about dirt and real books xP
It was a five-issue miniseries published in 2003. As Axel Alonso (the series editor) put it, "We thought it would be interesting to play with the genre. Enigmatic cowboy rides into dusty little desert town victimized by desperadoes, saves the day, wins everyone's heart, then rides off into the sunset, looking better than any cowboy has a right to."

I don't know if it's available in ebook format, but here are links to the print edition at Amazon:

Paperback

Hardcover
Old 06-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
wyndslash
Wizard

thanks now that more comics are going to be released in digital, i'll just wait for the rest to follow suit x) i don't have spaaaaaace.

i'd also need a comics reader o.o...is there such a thing already?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #41
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
And here's a link to the picture on KryptonSite leading to speculation that Clark might be losing his underpants:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/manofstee...ustice-league/
they are still there but are blue instead of red
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
thanks now that more comics are going to be released in digital, i'll just wait for the rest to follow suit x) i don't have spaaaaaace.

I read comics and graphic novels on my iPod. With the right app, such as comiXology, reading is a pleasure. What's great is the way how with a tap of the finger you can set it to automatically zoom in on panels and word balloons. A big plus to ancient eyes like mine.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #43
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
I read comics and graphic novels on my iPod. With the right app, such as comiXology, reading is a pleasure. What's great is the way how with a tap of the finger you can set it to automatically zoom in on panels and word balloons. A big plus to ancient eyes like mine.
oh yeah, i do like the zoom thing but recently i've seen so many hardback comic collections when I went to Kinokuniya in Singapore, and they were so gorgeous! xP

and about that superman pic, maybe they just FINALLY put Clark's underwear where it belongs... like inside his costume?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
they are still there but are blue instead of red
Quote:
...and about that superman pic, maybe they just FINALLY put Clark's underwear where it belongs... like inside his costume?
The perfect Bizarro tale would have Bizarro-Superman wearing his underwear under his spandex and Bizarro-Clark showing up at the Planet with his tighty-whities over his trousers.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #45
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Several such things A decent LCD monitor + CDisplayEx can deliver your comics larger than life and popping with color, the only drawback being that you have to sit in front of it.

The Nook Color is also an outstanding device for comics, with the high-res IPS screen (translation: sharp image, great colors, great viewing angles). I actually find this 7" screen much better than my old 10" netbook, which had the same resolution. A new iPad would be better yet, being the next device up the ladder with a comparable display and, well, bigger, but it's also more than twice the price.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote