Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #211
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedak View Post
Im searching for book The Beach - Alex Garland and I cant find it ... Please upload version for Kindle .mobi or .prc or similar format.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to Mobileread ...

Sorry, as has already been pointed out we cannot provide books unless they are in the public domain as out-of-copyright.

Please see, also, HarryT's post, above[/previous page].
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #212
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
REQ: Zorro - The curse of capistrano.

Anyone who could help thank you.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #213
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowseTheStacks View Post
Anyone who could help thank you.
http://manybooks.net/titles/mcculley...apistrano.html
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #214
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Just posted a version here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...75#post1438375
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #215
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Thank you all for all quick help!!!
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #216
suhaibahmad
suhaibahmad began at the beginning.

Device: none
can you provide me a mobi pocket medical dictionary ? please i am new to this forum and i need it so much ... thanks
suhaibahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #217
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaibahmad View Post
can you provide me a mobi pocket medical dictionary ? please i am new to this forum and i need it so much ... thanks
I'm afraid not. There are several medical references available in MobiPocket format, including the Oxford Concise Medical Dictionary, the Merck Manual, and the Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, but all are copyrighted commercial products you must pay for.

Anything provided at MobileRead must be in the public domain, or issued under a license that permits free downloading and sharing. We do not host or provide pointers to pirated editions.

The closest thing I can think of to what you want that is freely available is Dr. Rose's Peripheral Brain, maintained by Dr. Eric Rose at the University of Washington. Dr. Rose maintains a version that can be scraped and installed to a handheld. He suggests using the old AvantGo application, which no longer exists. It would probably be possible to scrape the site and convert to MobiPocket, but I'm unaware of anyone doing so.
______
Dennis
Old 03-13-2011, 04:48 AM   #218
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaibahmad View Post

http://inkmesh.com/search/?qs=Concis...nE=Find+Ebooks

There is a 'free' sample, but it will be limited in what it contains ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #219
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Is Malcolm Lowry's 'Under the Volcano' ok to be posted here? Lowry died in 1957 and the book is available on Wikilivres but I was surprised to see it not already posted - hence my doubts.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #220
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If there was no translator or illustrator involved, yes, it's OK... since 1957+50+1=2008.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #221
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If he died in 1957, the book will be in the Canadian public domain, so yes, it should be OK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #222
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Is Malcolm Lowry's 'Under the Volcano' ok to be posted here? Lowry died in 1957 and the book is available on Wikilivres but I was surprised to see it not already posted - hence my doubts.
Canada still uses Author's life + 50 years to determine whether a book is still under copyright, so this would be legal to host on MR's Canadian server.

It hasn't been posted here because no one has gotten around to creating an MR edition. There's probably a fair bit of stuff like that that is just now entering the public domain in Life + 50 countries.

If you'd like to have a go at it, I don't offhand see a problem.
______
Dennis
Old 03-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #223
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

I'm going to have a go at it. Some parts may be quite difficult to understand so I'll add footnotes.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #224
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
I'm going to have a go at it. Some parts may be quite difficult to understand so I'll add footnotes.
Make sure the footnotes are public domain too (or write them yourself).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #225
seagull
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Make sure the footnotes are public domain too (or write them yourself).
You are quite right. I couldn't find any in the public domain but I included a link to a helpful study guide in the thread but unfortunately it only goes up to Chapter 7.