Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
: ) It sure does

Going to have to tie down the playback first though : D

I will be away today but back later. Will have a shufty then.

Excellent mate
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #17
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I played with the client , I have a basic search function working...
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi mate. Thats great news! will PM you
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the Search function now returns name of track and track_id when given a query. I ran into a bug when i accidentally left the option to filter by license in the query to soundclouds API... No wonder twobob's music wasn't showing up... (It's not licensed as cc-by-na)
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #20
qlob
Official Lurker

Gah... Looks like SoundClouds sends titles as unicode, while the strings I'm using are defaulting to ascii type, so I'm getting errors... time for
Code:
import kitchen
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
qlob
Official Lurker

Reading http://packages.python.org/kitchen about going from unicode to ascii with to_bytes() ... looks like it shouldn't be too hard... Do the Kindles even have the possibility of a utf8 environment?

Last edited by qlob; 12-04-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
qlob
Official Lurker

~ # $LC_ALL
en.US.UTF-8

I stand corrected... I thought the Kindles didnt support unicode...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
twobob

Brain just beginning to fire... reading up...

on mine: echo $LC_ALL is blank

is it being set by perl? debian? something else? will attempt to use braincells

Last edited by twobob; 12-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #24
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
the Search function now returns name of track and track_id when given a query. I ran into a bug when i accidentally left the option to filter by license in the query to soundclouds API... No wonder twobob's music wasn't showing up... (It's not licensed as cc-by-na)
Much of it is signed to various labels. A few bits are cc-by-na-3? I think.

I can happily change the licensing of anything not contractually obligated to something more forgiving. When I first uploaded those tracks the SC interface was a much less friendly place...

Spoiler:
In fact (err this is probably not completely within TOS but meh) I actually wrote a wrapper for the interface that allowed me to just put tracks up without having to click 200 times (no really 200+ times) I still have it somewhere... I don't bother anymore , people know where I am, I put up the tunes, end of : )

But yeah licensing and search parameters. I will have to dive in to what you have???

Last edited by twobob; 12-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
qlob
Official Lurker

It's not much... 5 lines maybe? it should be at the bitbucket repo I sent you...
Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #26
twobob

I am there. and the other link... c9

as twobob... been looking around
Old 12-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #27
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I am there. and the other link... c9

as twobob... been looking around
I gave you R/W access on c9 if you want to use it...

EDIT: and bitbucket as well

Last edited by qlob; 12-05-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #28
qlob
Official Lurker

Got playback working by streaming a track via mplayer.... It's alive! *evil laugh*
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #29
twobob

YAY! Okay. logging in : )
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
twobob

Quote:
What do you want to search for? twobob
[1] Title: Twobob - A Lawless Master (Twobob Original Mix)
ID: 35641783
[2] Title: Twobob. More Dark Again
ID: 26198442
[3] Title: Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Twobob Bootleg)
ID: 25763536
[4] Title: Nistrum & Twobob : Hey Freak
ID: 22500611
[5] Title: ArsenalFX - Harp Monica (Twobob Monster Remix)
ID: 19253823
[6] Title: Wishes Feat Special Kay (Twobob power edit)
ID: 12477133
[7] Title: "Twobob" Welcome to the Playground (Vibro Cut)
ID: 24333962
[8] Title: Angel-twobob remax (soundcloud.com/twobob/angel)
ID: 5596536
[9] Title: Twobob: Take it to the top ft Special Kay (Nistrumix)
ID: 21852709
[10] Title: "Twobob" Sympathy Feat. Special Kay (Special Kay's Special Master)
ID: 15450813
nice

Last edited by twobob; 12-06-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: http://soundcloud.com/twobob/angel is an old link (s2a should update it)