Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you chosen to get a replacement for you faulty Paperwhite?
Yes 25 34.72%
No, it is bad but I can live with it 3 4.17%
I haven't decided yet 5 6.94%
No my PW is good 39 54.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #76
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Good luck, daffy4u!
Thanks Skydog! If the new replacement is no good I "can" live with the replacement I have but I think I'll always be a little unhappy with it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #77
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post

Forget the light cones, if at least they all had a uniform beige background for the rest of the screen, I'd be satisfied.
Ditto. All I want is a uniform, neutral background.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #78
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks Skydog! If the new replacement is no good I "can" live with the replacement I have but I think I'll always be a little unhappy with it.
That's exactly the point, isn't it? Keeping something that is not quite right or doing without. I am not used to not being crazy about the devices I own.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #79
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That mirrors my sentiments exactly. I will be looking foward to your post when it arrives.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Just to clarify, do you guys mean the current 'inexpensive', non-PW kindle when you say K4B? This one over here?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HCCNJU/ref=sa_menu_kdpsz3

And if so, are you saying it doesn't access your personal docs on the cloud? (I keep being tempted by these discussions, but if that's the case will definitely stick with KK.)
It has access to the cloud they call it Archive Items and yes just like the KK you have a Personal Documents Cloud 5GB.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelreader View Post

I was wondering about the k4b with a light too. Aside from Blossom has anyone talked about that kindle? I have the k4s and wonder if there is enough difference with the new. Does it have the covers? The new location locators? Oh good grief do I return this one too? I am not angry about it, I am just very disappointed.
Please see these threads for others who agree with me.
Check out this thread and this one and mine own here

I do have pics in my thread of my K4S and K4B

The K4 only has list view. It has locations and percentage and the location gauge that shows how far till the next chapter that the Touch did not have.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-10-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #82
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Time left to end of chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Please see these threads for others who agree with me.
Check out this thread and this one and mine own here

The K4 only has list view. It has locations and percentage and the location gauge that shows how far till the next chapter that the Touch did not have.
PW has a "Time Left to End of Chapter" which is very accurate. In that way one can decide whether one has enough time to finish the chapter or just stop at the next paragraph.

Does K4 have that?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
PW has a "Time Left to End of Chapter" which is very accurate. In that way one can decide whether one has enough time to finish the chapter or just stop at the next paragraph.

Does K4 have that?
No and I am happy it doesn't, I prefer the gauge. The K4 has the gauge like the K3 that shows how far you are till the next chapter if the chapter navigation in enabled in the book you're reading.

The K4 and K3 have very similar firmware but the K4 is faster and has a few tweaks.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #84
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
There's a similar poll (Are you happy with your PW screen) over on kindleboards now too. Mentioning it for anyone that is a member there too and wants to weigh in with a vote.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #85
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
There's a similar poll (Are you happy with your PW screen) over on kindleboards now too. Mentioning it for anyone that is a member there too and wants to weigh in with a vote.
Thanks, I just went and voted in their poll too.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #86
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks. However, I'm not sure there is a point to casting a vote as it is a forum full of fanboys and fangirls (mostly fangirls).
Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #87
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thanks. However, I'm not sure there is a point to casting a vote as it is a forum full of fanboys and fangirls (mostly fangirls).
Careful with those terms, I got my you know whats handed to me in another thread here on MR this morning for using them. But I agree totally. KB is more of a social clique than anything, but they have a few good members who happen to be members here too of course.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #88
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Careful with those terms, I got my you know whats handed to me in another thread here on MR this morning for using them. But I agree totally. KB is more of a social clique than anything, but they have a few good members who happen to be members here too of course.
Of course. There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy or fangirl but it can prevent an impartial sampling. Yes, it is more of a social clique and there are KB members who are members here (myself included). Still, I see the KB poll as somewhat pointless.

For the record, I am an Amazon Customer Service fangirl.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #89
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Oh I hear you. I know it's very slanted over there. I just wanted our experiences noted if only to make the poll a little more accurate.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #90
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Oh I hear you. I know it's very slanted over there. I just wanted our experiences noted if only to make the poll a little more accurate.
Good point! I did vote, btw.