Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post
Hi HarryT, I wanted to share the following feedback on images in case it is of help: Gutenberg makes available a significantly higher resolution image of the one that begins in front of A Princess of Mars (Dejah Thoris)--maybe others as well. Also, in iBooks the classic pulp book cover images are not centered and scaled (half show on another page) and likewise are also low resolution. The centering/scaling issue is one you have solved in the past as the Pride and Prejudice ePub doesn't have that problem.
Thanks!
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll incorporate the higher-resolution images into the next release.

I'm not sure why the images aren't centred in iBooks if the P&P images are. Presumably a consequence of the way that I create ePubs (convert using Calibre) and whatever Jon subsequently did to it? Jon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm looking into the code to see if I can see if anything it funky.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-20-2012 at 10:41 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bluefire Reader has been updated for the retna display. Also, now that Bluefire is mentioned in this thread, people can decide what to do, use iBooks when it doesn't work or use Bluefire when it does work.
It's always good to have a choice, but it would be useful to know what the changes were that you made to the ePub that stopped the images being centred in iBooks. Any thoughts on what it may have been?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's always good to have a choice, but it would be useful to know what the changes were that you made to the ePub that stopped the images being centered in iBooks. Any thoughts on what it may have been?
I didn't make any changes in the code to stop the images from being centered. But I think I've found the problem. I have it on my iPad in iBooks and it's now centered just fine.

One of the styles applied to the cover image is...

Code:
.calibre6 {
    height: auto;
    vertical-align: baseline;
    width: auto
}
I've edited it to remove the vertical-align.

Code:
.calibre6 {
    height: auto;
    width: auto
}
It works fine with the latest iBooks on my iPad. Do you want me to upload a new version or are you OK with fixing the CSS?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I can do it. Thanks for that!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can do it. Thanks for that!
Your welcome.

One thing I have started doing is trying to find higher resolution pulp covers since you'll eventually be putting in higher resolution images. I'll have to do some editing of them to reduce the sizes.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #37
dckirba
dckirba began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Thanks Harry
dckirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #38
steve.hutson
steve.hutson began at the beginning.

Device: none
A grateful thank you.

I enjoyed reading a number of these books some 45 years ago. Thank you for taking the time and patience to make them available in this single large volume. I will get many hours of enjoyment reading them all this time.
steve.hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #39
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryWes View Post
Don't forget the movie coming out in 2012, John Carter of Mars, directed by Andrew Stanton (Wall-E, and Finding Nemo). It should be great!
I picked up a copy of it on DVD and thought it was pretty good. Alas it apparently didn't do so well at the box office so who knows if and/or when a sequel will be made.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote