Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Lenovo Launching Android Tablet This Year

Okay folks get ready for the name it's.....
"LePad"

Wow didn't see that coming.

Anyhow here is the rest of the story.

Quote:
As time moves on, this Android tablet craze will prove to get just as crowded as the handset market currently is. Lenovo’s the latest in a string of manufacturers looking to make a tablet with Android on board. Liu Jun, the senior vice president (and president, somehow) for the company’s Consumer Business Group, announced that they’d be bringing the Lenovo LePad to go directly up against the iPad (as if the name didn’t already give that small factoid away). (more...)
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
So iPad, PalmPad, and now LePad.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I've owned a string of ThinkPads and IdeaPads, and an iPad. Maybe a LePad will fit right in.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I've owned a string of ThinkPads and IdeaPads, and an iPad. Maybe a LePad will fit right in.
Among other pads...
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Leepad
Hm, why not?
if they have a build quality similar to thinkpads, I do not really care how they call it.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Any info on screen type and size?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
Leepad
Hm, why not?
if they have a build quality similar to thinkpads, I do not really care how they call it.
Yup, I'm with you. I recently fired up an 11-year-old ThinkPad, in search of music I'd loaded on it. It was dusty and sluggish, but still worked OK.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Good brand, I bet they bring a serious product to market. I would buy something from them over an HP or Dell.... IMHO
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I'm reading this and handwriting my reply on a Lenovo X41 Tablet so I can vouch for their ability to build a quality product that remains upgradeable. (I'm running Win7 & this was designed for Win 2K Pro or XP.)

I just think they missed a bet by not calling it a LenoPad...

Next questions are: Will it be Atom based, how big, and how much?

The real question is how long before someone leverages existing technology and improves the user experience by letting you spell out your input with a finger like you'd do with a pen, rather than pecking at an unyielding onscreen keyboard substitute?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use to love that feature on my old winMo phone. I think the graffiti app provides that functionally.

Have you used Swype? That program is amazingly accurate and fast. the problem with the app is you do have to have some familiarity with a QWERTY keyboard and known how to spell
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I use to love that feature on my old winMo phone. I think the graffiti app provides that functionally.

Have you used Swype? That program is amazingly accurate and fast. the problem with the app is you do have to have some familiarity with a QWERTY keyboard and known how to spell
But I don't think that Swype would be very useful on a 10" screen. It actually works better on a small screen. I have seen people complain about it on a 5" screen already.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
But I don't think that Swype would be very useful on a 10" screen. It actually works better on a small screen. I have seen people complain about it on a 5" screen already.
I heard many similar complaints, but most of them are tied to the keyboard in general.

I think the virtual keyboard on the iPad is a god awful design, but this comment applies to any flat device of that size that uses a virtual keyboard.

I'd like to see manufactures develop better input mechanism for inputing text. One example is to add a swype keyboard on the bottom section of the screen that is 1.5"x1.5". This way the user can hold the tablet with both hands but only use one thumb to type.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #13
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Indeed, if anyone should be naming their slate somethingpad then lenovo seem to be the ones given the naming used by their laptops.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote