Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Dave_in_Albany
Dave_in_Albany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Post Hi everyone or other creatures....of habit maybe?

Hi,

Creature of habit maybe... Maybe not I really don't know for sure I've had a Kindle since Feb 08 when normal people, I mean people not making a fortune on ebay by buy all the kindles they get their hands on, could finally order one and expect in short order; meaning 4 to 6 weeks. I've found the Kindle a great piece of equipment to carry with me. I've used other eReaders like the Sony 505 while not being a bad eReader it lacked the usability that the Kindle allowed. With the new Sony reader coming out on the market shortly I've been toying with the idea of switching, but remembering Sony's Book site it leaves me firmly in the Kindle camp. Sony did charge less then most paper brick publishers but still their ebooks selection and price did not make for a satisfying shopping experience. Make sure that you want the ebook that you ordered because once you pressed the buy button it was yours.

Like bit more about me, I live in Albany, NY. I'm a Web applications developer use php, mysql, GAE, GWT, Android, and Ruby.

That's enough about me.

Keep on reading,

Dave
Dave_in_Albany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Dalwyn
Dalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enoughDalwyn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Dalwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Hello, and welcome. You make me glad I own a Kindle!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dave and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to the forum!

As a Sony owner, I found another way to get around any annoyances in the Sony store... use other places (OK, so being in the UK kinda forced that decision onto me...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Dave!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote