Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Calibre and Marvin collections

Is it possible to automatically assign a book to a custom collection when I download it via the OPDS catalog option from Calibre?

I ask because I have two different Calibre libraries, one for fanfic downloaded using FFDL and one for regular books. At the moment I'm having to manually move things into either the "FanFic" or "ProFic" collection as I download them, but it'd be much easier if it could be handled automatically. Marvin doesn't even have to know which library I'm using; I'd be totally happy with having it read a custom column in Calibre and use that value as the name of the collection(s) it should be added to.

(As a side note, let me just say how thrilled I was to stumble over Marvin in my search for a Stanza replacement. Nothing out there comes as close to Stanza in terms of having the features I found most useful, and Marvin even added some things that I never knew I wanted but I'm really pleased to have. Thank you!)
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
This is NOT an answer! Sorry! But I have the same goal and was wondering if you had figured this out.

To reiterate: The goal is to "Get Books" through Dropbox and have them auto-sort into Marvin custom collections based on custom column metadata created in calibre.

A little more information on the situation: In Calibre, I have books sorted by a custom column "Fandom". I use the "Series" for traditional Series (Song of Ice and Fire) so I don't want to move this information even though that means I can use the pre-existing Smart Collection "Series".

When I first uploaded to Marvin through the Calibre connection in "Get Books", it very intelligently created Custom Collections based on the Fandom and auto-sorted all the books. It was awesome. Again, this is when I was corded to my pc and manually connected through the Marvin app.

However, I mostly use Dropbox to upload these days and this extra metadata (as well also word counts) does not seem to move along with it. I feel like it the answer is there because, when connected through Calibre, it did it without even being guided by already-made Custom Collections - it just did it and it was, repeat, AWESOME.

So, yes, that's what I've been fiddling with. If you (or anyone else!) has figured this out, please share. Marvin is the absolute best hands-down ereader and if I could do this, then truly all my dreams will have come true.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@Montana Harper - thanks for your kind words. I'll bring this up with Philantrop (the developer of the calibre plugin).
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote