Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Assign multiple books to a collection

Is there is any way to assign multiple books to a collection rather, via Calibre or otherwise, rather than individually?

I'm using a Sony PRS-950.
NLight95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLight95 View Post
Is there is any way to assign multiple books to a collection rather, via Calibre or otherwise, rather than individually?

I'm using a Sony PRS-950.
I never create collections by hand one book at a time. I set metadata management to automatic and adjust my Sony device interface plugin to create collections on the fly out of Series info and tags (see attached images).

If you have too many tags you can create a custom column maybe called genre and change tags in the plugin to #genre. This will cause collections to be automatically created based on info in the Genre column.

The aba:%All by Author and abt:%All by Title are special Sony collections that will provide collections by Author and by Title.

Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_management.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	69318   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony_plugin.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	69319  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote