Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Kobo future Hardware feature request thread

Hi Folks,

We have a dedicated firmware features request thread, but the firmware can only go so far as the hardware can support it, so why not have a hardware request thread as well; what features have you seen on other devices, or maybe haven't seen on any device yet, that you would like to see on your beloved Kobo.

Personally, I have a couple that I'd like to see:

- user replaceable battery would be top of my list. I tend to upgrade my tech gear realatively often (Although less so since my disposable income isn't so disposable anymore..*Sigh*), but I usually will pass my old stuff down the line in the family. Would be nice if I could refurbish the battery before passing it off if needed.

- touch screen. While it does increase the price of the device, it makes it very useful for both right and left handed people. A Wacom screen/pen would be nice for jotting down notes.

- centered main joystick, if the above is not feasible.

Personally, that would be more or less on the hardware side. the device itself is pretty good as is otherwise. Everything else would fall under software/firmware improvements, and I think that's covered well enough in the other post..

cheers!
Steph S.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
If this is at all possible a scratch proof screen like glass but isn't as reflective would be really nice I'm always worried about scratches, but if it means making it have more glare like and LCD or and old glass T.V set i wouldn't want it. And since no other E-reader on the market today offers that it would be good for business. 50 grams of weight or so won't make that much difference in weight i would sacrifice a bit of weight for scratch proof(or as scratch resistant as possible)
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert