Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Kobobooks.com future feature request thread

Okay, so instead of whining about the website in every single other thread that could be remotely related to the website, I decided it might be less annoying for other people and easier for the developers listening if I kept it to one thread. So here's the feature request thread for the kobo book buying and browsing website. I know this is the Kobo Reader forum, but I'm thinking the website is important to the readers, no?

I'll start off with a bunch of my own requests.
  • Please, please, please get rid of the immediate automatic flood of Dutch books in my face just because I'm browsing from a Dutch IP address. It would be nice if the content of the site listened to what language I select right at the top. All it does now when I select "English," is change the menu names to English. The rest stays Dutch. I cannot browse in English, causing me to never ever buy a book from Kobobook.com any more.
  • While we're on the subject of internationalism, it would be really great if books that are translated from another language say so, and preferably give a link to the original book (if available). I'd hate to buy a translated book by accident and then find out later that I could have read it in its original language...
  • For the recommended books, if you mouse over them there is some info, plus the options to say "Not interested," "Already read," and "Get preview." But the info that is given is only the title, the author and the first line of the description. I can't decide from that whether I'm interested or not... It would be nice to add the genre of the book. So that if it says "Romance>Contemporary" or "Chick-lit," I know to press "Not interested" immediately without having to click on the book first to view its full page to find out what kind of genre it is.
  • When viewing a book, there's a bar down the bottom with "You might like" books. Great. It would be really nice to be able to mouse over those and say "Not interested," "Already read," and "Get preview."
  • I like that some books appear to include ratings from Goodreads. Can this be done for all the books?
  • Implementation of book series information and book series order and links from a book to its serie-peers please. Now I have to go to goodreads to find out which of all the lovely books comes first...

I might think of more later... I would like to add that I like the Kobobook.com design. It's nice and clean.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 09-06-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
The only thing that I can think of at the moment I would like changing

Change the recommendations to only base it on books read, currently it seems to be on books read and looked at, so if I see a title and thinks it might be ok, I click in to read more and find it is not interesting, I then start getting recommendations based on it

One other thing, but it's not going to happen, makes the books a better price, the prices seem to have shot up recently
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
A cart, please.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Better searching.

Add a search within results to search results.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
A cart, please.
Yes please!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If they add a cart I hope it's optional, I like the way it's done now, same as other book sites I buy from
Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
If they add a cart I hope it's optional, I like the way it's done now, same as other book sites I buy from
Mmm yes, but if you want to buy several books you have to do the whole checkout thing again and again and again. (And it would be handy to be able to use discount codes for a whole bunch of books in a basket than just for one single book...)

But I suppose there's something to say for quick buying without a basket if all you want is one book to read right now.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
paulsalter
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Mmm yes, but if you want to buy several books you have to do the whole checkout thing again and again and again. (And it would be handy to be able to use discount codes for a whole bunch of books in a basket than just for one single book...)

But I suppose there's something to say for quick buying without a basket if all you want is one book to read right now.
I agree it would be handy for using coupons on multiple books (although I havent had a coupon for ages from them)

apart from that I just buy a book and read it, very rarely I buy multiple at a time (my to be read pile is big enough as it is)

if they give the option, then everyone is happy
Old 09-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #9
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Better searching.

Yes! This!
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Allow me to sort by publish date newest first. So I can see the latest books by prolific authors. Rather than having to use the title of the book.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Better searching.

+1

i actually went to the Kindle store to find free classics simply because the Kobo interface was not intuitive. It was easier to get them on Amazon and then convert them than to find them on Kobo. I'd rather use Kobo, though.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Other sites have the two options:cart and "Buy now".
Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #13
paulsalter
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Other sites have the two options:cart and "Buy now".
can you show me how to do this on Amazon & Google, I have looked but cannot see this option
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
can you show me how to do this on Amazon & Google, I have looked but cannot see this option
Google, I don't know, Amazon, you can't. AllRomance, BOB..., Samhain... There you can.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
  • Please, please, please get rid of the immediate automatic flood of Dutch books in my face just because I'm browsing from a Dutch IP address. It would be nice if the content of the site listened to what language I select right at the top. All it does now when I select "English," is change the menu names to English. The rest stays Dutch. I cannot browse in English, causing me to never ever buy a book from Kobobook.com any more.
  • While we're on the subject of internationalism, it would be really great if books that are translated from another language say so, and preferably give a link to the original book (if available). I'd hate to buy a translated book by accident and then find out later that I could have read it in its original language...
Oh yes, PLUL-EEZE!! The first one has been my one main gripe since Kobo "went international." I'm sure one of these days I will buy a book in French from their FNAC affiliate, but until then I really would prefer to see New Releases in English - and NOT in French.

And the idea of linking translations to the book in VO is a great one!
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote