Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
ordering series

I have several series in calibre which are listed in order but on my Sony the books are not listed in order. How do I get books to be listed in order on my reader?
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The latest versions of calibre should automatically put a series in order when loading it to the Sony. However I am not sure that happens if the books are already on the Sony.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Did you put them in order by using the series metadata fields?
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi
The latest versions of calibre should automatically put a series in order when loading it to the Sony. However I am not sure that happens if the books are already on the Sony.
I downloaded the books into calibre, put them in order and then sent them to my Sony. When I unhooked my reader and looked for the books they are not in order but they are in order in calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Did you put them in order by using the series metadata fields?
Yes. I did change the name of the series slightly from the series name in metadata.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is strange. As long as the series name and series index fields are set in calibre they should automatically get put into the collection made from the series name on the Sony and put into that collection in order. You do not have to sort them in calibre first.

The only thing that occurs to me is that you may have disabled the calibre feature for making the series name into a collection by altering the options in the Sony Device driver?

I was not sure what you meant by changing the series name from the one in the metadata? If you meant the series name within Calibre then that does not matter the new name will become the new collection name on the Sony.

Last edited by itimpi; 08-05-2010 at 01:17 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert