Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
Problems after Customizer

Hi All,
I just upgraded my 500 to a 505 on friday. First thing today, i started looking through the forums, i saw the Prscustomizer program, thought it looked like a nice place to start, tried it out, customized the reader banner, and now i can't get past the Starting up screen.

I've tried hard resetting, plugging in the USB right after, plugging in the USB before, etc, but i cna't get it to enter usb mode, which means i can't get the sony updater to recognize it, etc. I tried putting the SD card back in after flashing it, but it wont get to that menu either. the weird thing is that the reader does show up as a disk on my computer, so i have some file access.

I'm looking for any help, i did read the wiki with the resetting suggestions (that's how i did the hard reset).

any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Zach
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
Update: I was able to download the universal flasher to the SD card, that actually loaded up, i tried to apply firm ware from there, but no luck. The good thing is that it came up with a screen that said "Reader Firmware not applied correctly, try again" When i connected it to the computer, i was finally able to get the sony updater to see it and flash it back to where it needed to be.

that was not a fun hour where i thought i had broken my new book :-D
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
I tried to use the customizer program today and now my reader is bricked. It's stuck saying "Reader Updating firmware now..." It just hangs here and nothing seems to be happeing. The little yellow light on the upper left top of the reader is flashing. Any help you can provide is much appreciated!
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Fixed...breathing easier
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
If/when you try again, maybe try a different SD card in case that's involved, as it's normally a fairly painless experience & I'm guessing at things that could be to blame...
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert