Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
arnost123456789
arnost123456789 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy Converting azw3 to the PDF problem with final look

Hello everyone I have little issue here Every time when I get the final version PDF from azw3 it looks strange and not well simply it looks like zoomed or something text is not fitting to page neither pictures in book It whole looks more like shifted and for example one photo should fit to one page and it is like that actually when I open azw3 file in kindle but after conversion it to PDF that picture is divided to four pages. I am posting here link with photos how the actual final PDF file looks like

http://postimg.org/gallery/245b7qty4/

I'd like to know if someone could help me fix this problem I really need any help because I need to print some parts of this books.

Thank u

Update: I just tried some online converters, read some stuff here in forum and tried like 6 times different set up with converting to PDF but nothing worked and I quite ended with same problem always Maybe if there is someone who could try to convert this book for me I'd really appreciate it a lot so contact me here or if you are able to help me fix me problem I will be very glad. Thxx

Last edited by arnost123456789; 08-09-2016 at 08:55 PM.
arnost123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
arnost123456789

thanks for no help lol
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnost123456789 View Post
thanks for no help lol
Not a very nice way to treat volunteers.
No answers just means no one had an idea (based upo the input provided)

PDF? I can't think of a reason to convert FROM a nice book format (except to Print a hard copy)

I start, and stay, with PDF for books with charts and diagrams.

Book reading software is available for just about any platform that PDF would display on. The usual problem, is which do you LIKE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks for no help lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not a very nice way to treat volunteers.

No answers just means no one had an idea (based upo the input provided)

@arnost123456789 - see the How to ask a question about conversion problems Sticky thread at the top of this subforum. If you conform to its advice you might get further replies.

Have you tried opening the AZW3 in the calibre viewer and clicking the print button, it will create a PDF. I've no idea if it will solve your problem, but its worth a shot.

Also, it would be better if you posted your images here, I for one have no idea how to drive postimg.org, and I'm reticent about opening image host links, one never knows what garbage they might send - see MobileRead Forums - FAQ -> Reading and Posting Guidelines -> Attachments and Images

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
arnost123456789

I am Sorry I didn't mean it in any way to offend anyone or anything like that

Well when I open that book ( AZW3 ) in calibre viewer and click the print button it will looks exactly same like after converting it so it means same problem plus one more thing When I open the AZW3 it looks weird too like almost same after converting but when I open it in Kindle there's absolutely no problem so I don't know what is actually wrong

I put previous images here and one new from calibre viewer too
And yes the reason why I need to convert AZW3 to PDF is that I want to print certain parts of the book
Moderator Notice

I deleted the images because they're oversize, read the rules, I already gave you the link

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-11-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Oversize images
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you read the sticky to which I referred you, if so why don't you post what it asks for, or raise a private bug report if the book in still under copyright.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:36 PM   #7
arnost123456789

Yes I read that sir and I still can't find 'New Post' page to be able to upload that pics here because making a whole new thread would be maybe senseless Anyway I made a bug report as it was written in one of links you send so here's a link to it https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1612470
Old 08-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Yes I read that sir and I still can't find 'New Post' page to be able to upload that pics here because making a whole new thread would be maybe senseless Anyway I made a bug report as it was written in one of links you send so here's a link to it https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1612470
I'll leave you to Kovid's tender mercies - I have created PDF's via Viewer Print but very simple stuff.

Any of these will get you into advanced and then the paper clip

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	150864

BR