Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #1126
seadad9903
seadad9903 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle 3 (MIA), Kindle 4 (kidnapped), Kindle Fire HD
Well my issue is solved, but I have no idea what caused it. There wasn't anything I could find that was common to the books that didn't populate the collections. I ended up removing all of the collections, then removing all of the books and then reloading everything back onto the Kindle.

Not sure what happened or why, but it all worked out in the end.
seadad9903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #1127
Saturo
Saturo began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
I still get the error message "Your kindle is running firmware 5.4.4.2, wich is not supported by this version of Collection Manager" using CM v. 2.7.7.

Saturo
Saturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 05:09 PM   #1128
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Saturo: Err, are you certain you're using the latest version?

I have it running on my own PW1 on 5.4.4.2, and I'm using the exact same release version. :?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:13 PM   #1129
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadad9903 View Post
Well my issue is solved, but I have no idea what caused it. There wasn't anything I could find that was common to the books that didn't populate the collections. I ended up removing all of the collections, then removing all of the books and then reloading everything back onto the Kindle.

Not sure what happened or why, but it all worked out in the end.
Nearly all of the fine structure in the devices that make up a Kindle are ultra-low power, CMOS.

A stray gamma ray (say, from an un-shielded Klingon vessel in the next galaxy) striking in just the wrong place can cause very strange things to happen.

I.E: it broke, now its fixed, rejoice.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #1130
Saturo

I have checked it twice. I'm using firmware 5.4.4.2 and collection manager 2.7.7 from the first post. I have a PW1 too. Sorry.
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #1131
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Saturo: I'll double-check the actual attachment in the first post. Make sure you don't have a stray copy of the Kindlet laying around.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #1132
Saturo

I'm using kindlet version "update_mkk-20140822-k5-ALL_install.bin" linked in the first post. Is it the right one?
Old 11-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #1133
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Saturo: That's MKK, not CM.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #1134
Saturo

I know thats MKK, but CM needs MKK installed. Maybe i have al false version of it`?
Old 11-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #1135
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Saturo: Nope, you wouldn't be able to launch any Kindlets at all, that'd be a different error .
Old 11-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #1136
Darakna
Darakna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperback
Hello,
I'm having huge problems with this.

So, I put it on my Kindle Paperwhite and I was disappointing, because me moving books in the collection sometimes got it, sometimes it didn't and it stayed as it was. In instances of PDFs, well, some PDFs just dissapeared. It shows as if they're inside (like a number next to the name of the collection), but it's not there. And I tried to put another one in the collection and some other random file in the connection just dissapears again.

But that is not the biggest issue. I can't use the old collection maker (the one that came with kindle) normally anymore. It freezes. It stays in the add/remove from collection list no matter what I do - home button, back, turning off and on again. Only restart the whole device helps.

So I've tried to remove the collection manager. I deleted the file from kindle. But I still have the problem with the old collection manager.

I'm thinking of reseting the whole kindle on factory settings, because this is really annoying me, and I spent the whole day yesterday trying to figure out what is wrong, and all I lost was a day.
Darakna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #1137
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Which Kindle Paperwhite?
There are more than one of them.

What firmware version as shown in menu -> settings -> menu -> device info?

Have you compared the above information with the various special limitations written about in this thread?

Please correct your device type in your info box.

If you "reset to factory defaults" - you will probably end up with a situation even worse than you have now.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #1138
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Darakna: Yup. Cloud Collections. This is a known, as of yet unresolved(able?) issue.

If you use Calibre to manage your collections, Librarian Sync does it properly.

To get back on track: delete all collections (either through CM or LS).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-07-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #1139
SharonK
Enthusiast
SharonK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Unhappy Help needed and appreciated

If I refer to comment #1082, it looks like there now is support for software version 5.4.5.1, which came with my new Kindle. I really want to jailbreak the Kindle and install the Collections Manager, but reading some of the comments after #1082 I got confused as to what to do first. Can someone tell me if that software version really is supported now and where I'd start to add the software. If it isn't supported, I'd like to downgrade my Kindle and wonder if that's possible. I have the KPW 2.
SharonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #1140
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@SharonK: CM *mostly* supports FW >= 5.4.2. Read the first posts and the last few pages to see if it's worth the trouble for you if CM is the only thing you're interested in.

If it is, read the JB thread, it explains what to do if your PW2 ships on FW >= 5.4.5.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks