Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #226
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Awesome! So you decided to "stick it to the man" instead of just bending over, eh?
Hehe... I just had to look up what "stick it to the man" actually means - but yes, that's pretty much the idea.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #227
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
"stick it to the man"

geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #228
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab
Thank you for new version!
On 5.30 - no problems (except search).
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #229
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
Thank you for new version!
On 5.30 - no problems (except search).
Good to know

Dropping the search functionality is actually a consequence of Amazon's recent aggressive "middle finger" policy towards developers. I'm simply not willing to repeatedly spend a major effort for a comparatively small gain, especially not if Amazon decides to fuck with us every single time that they release a new version.

I'm sorry for you, for me, and for all other Kindle owners - but if Amazon insists that they, as a company, just want to be an asshole, then so be it. History has shown multiple times that in the long run, providing open products is more beneficial than locking in customers, but maybe Amazon just insists to learn that first hand. It's their choice, not ours.

Last edited by ixtab; 11-12-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #230
earl412
earl412 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Version 2.2.0

Collections Manager offers a much more flexible way than the built-in one to manage Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite collections.
Hi! I just got my Kindle PW and I'm new to jailbreaking the device. I've followed all the instructions with regard to the requirements - Jailbreak, Kindlet Jailbreak, Kindle Cert. etc. but I don't know how to install the collectionmanagers.zip. I see the files inside but I have no idea how to install it. And where do you find the ".azw2" I'm really sorry if this a dumb question but it's just that I'm not really good at these stuffs. I just simply want to install the collection manager, that's all. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-13-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: trimmed quoted material
earl412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #231
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl412 View Post
Hi! I just got my Kindle PW and I'm new to jailbreaking the device. I've followed all the instructions with regard to the requirements - Jailbreak, Kindlet Jailbreak, Kindle Cert. etc. but I don't know how to install the collectionmanagers.zip. I see the files inside but I have no idea how to install it. And where do you find the ".azw2" I'm really sorry if this a dumb question but it's just that I'm not really good at these stuffs. I just simply want to install the collection manager, that's all. Any help is greatly appreciated.
1. Download zip
2. Unzip
3. Copy the file "CollectionsManager.azw2" to "documents" folder on the Kindle.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #232
earl412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
1. Download zip
2. Unzip
3. Copy the file "CollectionsManager.azw2" to "documents" folder on the Kindle.

Ok I just copied the file into the document folder and saw the Collection Manager file in my PW which says "active." What's the next step? Thanks for your patience.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #233
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Ok I just copied the file into the document folder and saw the Collection Manager file in my PW which says "active." What's the next step? Thanks for your patience.
Errmm.... the next step after installing a program is usually to use it

Refer to the annotated screenshot in the first post about what the buttons do, and take a look at the options available in the menu. Just experiment... you can't really break anything. (In the worst case, you'll delete some existing collections, but that's about all the damage that you can do, and it's easy to revert).
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 AM   #234
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
The next step is to open it, just like you would open a book. Then follow the instructions posted by ixtab above.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #235
earl412

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The next step is to open it, just like you would open a book. Then follow the instructions posted by ixtab above.
Yup! I just followed the instructions. Thanks to everyone!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #236
jippy
jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just start using your collection manager today on my paperwhite

ixtab your app very helpful.

But i got problem to move several books to collection.

The problem occur because every time i move book (max 5 on paperwhite) from upper screen to collection screen, after that the upper screen refresh back to first page, and i'm not yet finish moving there is another 60 books in next page i still need to move.

That means every time i can only max move 5 books, after that from first page i need to scroll to several pages (sigh... more than 10 pages), before i can move again another 5 books to previous collection.

Can i turn off go back to first page on upper screen after i move books to collection ?

I got 65 books in one collection this is really tedious job...

i got total near 200 books, i put on several collections

Hope you can help me.
jippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #237
jippy
jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.jippy got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi ixtab,

Sorry about previous post, i just found out that i can use setting to hidden filled item from upper screen.

Now i already done rearrange all my 200 books, thanks for your application

really.....really....helpful.....super......

Regards

Just waiting for your jbpatch for paperwhite.

I hope you still interest to develop jbpatch for paperwhite, even now amazon with 5.3.0 not friendly anymore.

Last edited by jippy; 11-15-2012 at 01:11 AM.
jippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #238
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Collections Manager Help

Sorry but I don't find the "Kindle Touch friendly" version of the Kindle Collections plugin.

Also I don't know how to use the patch/tweak for Touch/PW of NiLuJe:
kcoll_pw_tweaks-v30.patch.gz

I have Collections Manager installed.

Thank you in Advance
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #239
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
Sorry but I don't find the "Kindle Touch friendly" version of the Kindle Collections plugin.

Also I don't know how to use the patch/tweak for Touch/PW of NiLuJe:
kcoll_pw_tweaks-v30.patch.gz

I have Collections Manager installed.

Thank you in Advance
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305 top post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2181986 Touch friendly etc. are there. HTH??
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #240
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@barba: If you found the gzipped patch, then, congratulations, you found the plugin, too.
(Hint: It's the other attachment, the one that actually looks like a Calibre plugin (ie. a zip file)).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks