Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Page turning on PW

So press the left or right side of the screen to turn pages.

Does it only respond to a tap or a swipe? If I was rest my thumb on the screen and hold it there, will it turn the page?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, pressing the far left side of the screen will make you go back a page. Far right and middle make you go forward a page. And for the most part it only responds to a tap or a swipe, yes.

For the second question about resting your thumb on the page - It might turn the page when you lift your thumb or it might also highlight the word your thumb was resting on when you lift it. But if you let it rest gently in the very corner bottom of the screen often times won't do anything.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
if you touch and hold on a word, it brings up the definition when you finally take your finger off....so if you just hold your thumb on the screen, as sparklemotion said, leaving your finger there will most likely do nothing until you lift it.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Is there any way to reverse the forward page turn to the left? I am right handed but when I read at night I hold the PW with my left hand so if I fall asleep, it won't fall to the floor.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Unfortunately, theres no way to do that.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
Is there any way to reverse the forward page turn to the left? I am right handed but when I read at night I hold the PW with my left hand so if I fall asleep, it won't fall to the floor.
Move your pillow to the other end of the bed!

Swiping from right to left (from the center of the screen outwards) on the far left will do a "page forward".
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #7
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
Move your pillow to the other end of the bed!

Swiping from right to left (from the center of the screen outwards) on the far left will do a "page forward".

That would mean the dog would have to move.

I was afraid there wasn't a way to do that. I'll send a suggestion to Amazon.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstarky View Post
That would mean the dog would have to move.
As a dog lover, I understand!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote