Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #16
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I was a die-hard Caecilia person but I have to say I *LOVE* Amasis. I can't go back to using Caecilia now.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #17
Ethelred?
Ethelred? has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle 2
I've been really liking Gentium Book Basic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-gentium-medium.gif
Views:	887
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	80606   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-gentium-small.gif
Views:	675
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	80607   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-gentium-large.gif
Views:	619
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	80608  

Last edited by Ethelred?; 12-31-2011 at 04:03 AM.
Ethelred? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Im still using the Kindle Fonts also. I am reasonably happy with it, but for one problem....

The sizes... I really wish there was a size between #2 and #3 fonts.

I have no idea what the sizes are, (I would assume 36,24,12,11,10,9,etc.)

Is there a way to add a new size or change the sizes of the stock fonts? (Assuming the sizes I listed are correct, I want to add a 18)

Thanks,
Johnny
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #19
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
I'm with you on this. Would prefer a size between 3-4 for reading at night. Is there a hack for this? I'm fine with the default font really.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #20
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
^^^ You can use a font editor to resize the font.

Mine: Amasis, taken from the Sony T1, boldened, enlarged 110% vertically, 107% horizontally.

(It looks better on the kindle than on your monitor.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-52033.gif
Views:	877
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	86653  
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
^^^ You can use a font editor to resize the font.

what font editor do you recommend and how do you resize the font?

Thanks!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I use high logic fontcreator but I wouldn't recommend it just for this alone, unless you don't mind shelling out $50-$80.

Google for some free alternative
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #23
sapphiresilver
Connoisseur
sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sapphiresilver , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Amazon Oasis 2, Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post

what font editor do you recommend and how do you resize the font?
I think FontForge can resize fonts and is free.

I've been using Georgia on my Kindle lately.
sapphiresilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, fonts, hacks, kindle, typeface