Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 AM   #526
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I think I will join in the Dresden files challenge!
me too.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #527
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Just past the midpoint.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:46 AM   #528
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

Device: Calibre (for MAC), MoonReader (Android)
Late starter

Hey guys,

I'm starting late, but may actually catch up to everyone. I'm deployed, so, there's a fair amount of down time.

Rob
rpmazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #529
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

while you are at it rpmazur try tickerfactory.com. What this will help you do is produce a ticker similar to the one that I have that will show your progress towards your goal. You can produce the code at tickerfactory and place the code that tickerfactory gives you (copy the BBcode) to your signature block on these boards so that you can haev a visual representation of where you are, like I have done.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #530
rpmazur
Connoisseur
rpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheeserpmazur can extract oil from cheese

100 books in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
while you are at it rpmazur try tickerfactory.com. What this will help you do is produce a ticker similar to the one that I have that will show your progress towards your goal. You can produce the code at tickerfactory and place the code that tickerfactory gives you (copy the BBcode) to your signature block on these boards so that you can haev a visual representation of where you are, like I have done.
I did set one up but was in a computer "cafe" here in the base that I'm at in Afghanistan and ran out allotted time.....lol. Getting ready to put it as part of my signature block.

Rob

Last edited by rpmazur; 07-20-2011 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Added signature block :)
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #531
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Woohoo, someone who's read fewer books than me.

At least for the next week.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #532
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmazur View Post
Hey guys,

I'm starting late, but may actually catch up to everyone. I'm deployed, so, there's a fair amount of down time.

Rob
Hi! We also have a group going at GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/42178

Check it out if you have the chance!
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #533
rpmazur
Connoisseur

Books read so far.....

Ok. So, I actually read 1 book before finding this forum. I'm listing the book, the author and the platform, since I have just about every eReader app for the iPhone.

001 His Robot Girlfriend Wesley Austin (Kobo)
002 The Power of a Whisper Bill Hybels (In progress, Kindle)
003 Dreamland:Retribution Dale Brown (In progress, it's a real book!!)
Old 07-21-2011, 07:06 AM   #534
rpmazur
Connoisseur

Checked it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
Hi! We also have a group going at GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/42178

Check it out if you have the chance!
Just signed up....for yet another social networking website....

Anyways, I have one book that I read before joining this group. so, I'm off!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #535
jbcohen
Wizard

So what do the folks in Afganistan think of electronic books? Do they control which books you can obtain in the country? Did they review and approve the books that you have on your readers before they allowed it in the country? Do you get wifi in the country? Wahts electronic book reading like in Afganistan?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #536
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Just reached 72 books with 30,142 pages. Took longer than I expected to reach 30k pages.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #537
rpmazur
Connoisseur

eBooks in Afghanistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
So what do the folks in Afganistan think of electronic books? Do they control which books you can obtain in the country? Did they review and approve the books that you have on your readers before they allowed it in the country? Do you get wifi in the country? Wahts electronic book reading like in Afganistan?
A lot of soldiers here have Kindles primarily. A few of the soldiers from my company have Sony's. Most of the Kindle users that I've talked to haven't had issues with downloading either here or in Germany (home post is located there). Since most eReaders can be loaded up before we deploy, I'm sure a lot of them loaded up before they left.

Some bases have wifi, the one I was at and the one I first flew into had it at the USO. Most of the bases here in Afghanistan have some sort of commercial internet available to the service members. One of my soldiers who has a Kindle has said he's downloaded to the PC with no issues and then using the software on the PC transferred it to his Kindle.

Me, most of the stuff I've got loaded on the iPod Touch was loaded up before I got here using my wifi connection at home in Germany. There is some stuff on the Kobo that I've selected and is on my Mac and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to the iPod Touch.

All of the books that I've gotten from Kobo are the free ones, mainly classics, with the exception of My Robot Girlfriend.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #538
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Ok. So, I actually read 1 book before finding this forum. I'm listing the book, the author and the platform, since I have just about every eReader app for the iPhone.

001 His Robot Girlfriend Wesley Austin (Kobo)
002 The Power of a Whisper Bill Hybels (In progress, Kindle)
003 Dreamland:Retribution Dale Brown (In progress, it's a real book!!)
If you're interested, the list thread is here: 'READ 100 BOOKS IN 2011' - Book Lists
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #539
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Just signed up....for yet another social networking website....

Anyways, I have one book that I read before joining this group. so, I'm off!
Welcome!
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #540
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question:

Does it count if you read a book twice in the same year? There are 2 books that I read a few months ago that I would like to read again before the end of the year.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production