Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #16
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
FBReader does not support CSS. This is why italics are not working in some EPUB files.

There is no port of calibre for Android. There is no official interest for a port and it would be a lot of work.
Well, as to no interest, I'm not sure about that, as Calibre relies on Python, and I'd sure like to see a Python port to Android. A lot of work; most certainly!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #17
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

Agreed ... I searched and do see that Python does already exist for Android (SL4A - Scripting Language for Android) as does Jython so porting from Python to Java would not be required at all which is news to me.

Also you would not need get all of calibre running, just the viewers part of the code. I agree this would be a lot of work but should be doable depending on the requirements of the viewer software.
See what I get for not reading the whole thread before posting!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #18
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Well, as to no interest, I'm not sure about that, as Calibre relies on Python, and I'd sure like to see a Python port to Android. A lot of work; most certainly!
They key to my statement was [B]official[\B]. As in interest from Kovid or any of the other devs such as myself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #19
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'll put in a plug for Aldiko. I'm very happy with it on my Galaxy Tab. I think the paid version does give you extra fonts and I like to support software developers so I went with the paid version.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
There's FBReader, too.
Yep. This is what I was going to recommend. I've built if from the source. Not done anything with modding it though.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
FBReader does not support CSS. This is why italics are not working in some EPUB files.
A work around might be to convert them to MOBI using Calibre, or if that does not work try converting to FB2.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #22
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I think coolreader is the best reader on Android its opensource. It works with many formats txt, rtf, epub, fb2, html etc plus you can set your custom css that can override the internal
css so no need to format each book according to your taste.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 AM   #23
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I'll put in a plug for Aldiko. I'm very happy with it on my Galaxy Tab. I think the paid version does give you extra fonts and I like to support software developers so I went with the paid version.
Yep, I'm liking it too and the latest version is improved and handles Adobe DRM for both epub and pdfs.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote