Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you support in the Arab-Israeli war.
Israel 4 33.33%
Palestine 0 0%
Not fond of both parties 7 58.33%
What is this about? 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #1
gollu
Unsullied
gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gollu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i
The Middle Eastern Conflict

Hello guys!
As You've surely heard, there is some fighting going around my area of residence (Israel). I am really interested to hear what is the opinion of people about the Arab- Israeli situation and how the things appear to be to an outside viewer.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
From my point of view, the reaction of both parties are understandable.

When 1.4 mio. people is crammed together in a small location and Israel at the same time manifests its power by cutting of food supplies (even aid from the UN), closing the border etc., then obivously there will be a reaction. And the reaction will be with the only tools available for those who have nothing - violence.

On the other hand, Israel cannot tolerate the bombardement of Qassam rockets, how imprecise they may be.

In the current events however, I think Israel overreacts by a longshot, and I think the strategy will fail. The harder you push the palestinians the more strength Hamas gets.

But as I understand it the current crisis has little to do with assaults from one or the other, but everything to do with the israeli election coming up.

What it in the end boils down to is who has the capability to forgive the other... who has the means to extend his hand to meet the other, not bringing murder and violence but gifts.

My vote goes to Israel.

Religious fundamentalism has often something to do with earth being a hell hole (in this case one Israel is partly responsible for creating), so the only way you can get by is by directing your eyes and mind at the afterlife. Therefor the israelis ought to bombard the palestinians with washing machines, television sets and western decadence in general. Only by raising peoples standard of living can Hamas's influence be diminished.

Last edited by Laz116; 12-31-2008 at 04:03 AM.
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm pretty tired of this comflict and rather afraid that it will spread. The fighting between the arab nations and israel has been going on for basically as long as the two nations have been crammed together down there.
I don't believe there will ever be peace in that region, there can't actually be any peace because both parties are religiously motivated and to top it, one party is rather rich and supported by big western nations and the other is dirt poor and basically shunned by the rest of the (non islam) world.

Where I see the main danger is in the spreading of this conflict...
While it is sad that those two countries are fighting their little war, the world in general is largely unaffected, however, all it takes is another islam-ruled nation putting in support for Palistina and we'll have a wildfire.

If you want to know which party I prefer, I'll have to say none. Both parties are equally guilty in my opinion, not just in this conflict but in all the little wars and skrimishes of the past 50+ years.
Religion has no place in politics, that is my firm belief (is that a contradiction?) and where it is a part of politics it is bound to create no end of trouble as can be seen every day, all over the world. Keep religion at home and we'll finally have some peace on earth, that's my motto, but I know that many will disagree with me...
Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Folks, this is politics and this thread should really be closed.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I agree. It should be closed.
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
This thread is bordering on religious bias so it is being closed. Feel free to take it to a politics-based forum.

Closed Thread