Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
haydoni
haydoni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ubuntu: Thumbnail support for ebook files

Hi,

I submitted this idea on the Ubuntu Brainstorm site, and thought I'd link to it here as it may affect you. I don't know whether this could be addressed in Calibre or in Ubuntu itself (ebook files aren't "readable" in default installation) but please vote for the idea if you like it.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27462/

At the moment ebook files, other than PDFs, have a boring thumbnail based on their filetype. Whereas PDFs, PNGs etc. display the front cover, so at the moment the behaviour is not consistent.

Many thanks
p.s. Sorry if this is on the incorrect thread, please move if it is.
haydoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by haydoni View Post
Hi,

I submitted this idea on the Ubuntu Brainstorm site, and thought I'd link to it here as it may affect you. I don't know whether this could be addressed in Calibre or in Ubuntu itself (ebook files aren't "readable" in default installation) but please vote for the idea if you like it.

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27462/

At the moment ebook files, other than PDFs, have a boring thumbnail based on their filetype. Whereas PDFs, PNGs etc. display the front cover, so at the moment the behaviour is not consistent.

Many thanks
p.s. Sorry if this is on the incorrect thread, please move if it is.
You are in the correct place until the forum gets re-arranged.

Your screen slot indicated you are messing about under Calibre's skirts.
please read this sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

You can view books internally with Calibre's Viewer.
When you used the Installer: Calibre should have set a file association to use 'E-Bookviewer.exe'

You can set your own choice (mine is set to use Sigil as the default)
BTW this work on Ubuntu version through Natty (11.04)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook, lit, mobi, thumbnail, ubuntu