Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
afterry
afterry began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
What UP? LA, CA, USA

LA, CA, USA here.

What to say, but... New Sony PRS-600 arriving today, a gift from a very generous brother who had the 550 and upgraded himself to the 600 as well.

I haven't got the foggiest idea what to do with it yet. Although I played with his 550 a lot, and another friend's Kindle, I never loaded anything. SOOOOOOOOOO all this talk about crashes and problematic Calibre/Sony issues has me once again, busy.

I told my brother he should just keep it in shape for me, but he said: "NO!"

So, I'm going to start using the site and get to work.
afterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi afterry and welcome to MobileRead. Lots of friendly advice here if you have problems with your new toy. I've had a 505 for over two years and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello_funny_animal.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	45339 afterry, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi afterry, welcome to MR!

Nice brother!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Barstow here.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
HI and welcome from a very happy Sony 600 owner!

What a nice brother indeed.

Haven't gotten involved with Calibre or anything else except for downloading books from Sony and this site. I have too much reading to do already to spend time converting things!

I have the Sony software on my Mac and have had 'zero' problems so far. (since late Sept. '09)

Enjoy!
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, afterry, and what a very nice brother you have. Since your brother has already had experience with the Sony 505, he will be a great help to you for getting started (even though he says he won't... siblings are like that ).

Below are a few links that may be of interest to you as you learn.

You can explore using Calibre and Kovid, the creator, frequents the forums here. We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Did you know that MR has free ebooks? They have been beautifully handcrafted by some very dedicated MR members.

ePub format and Sony BBeB / lrf format

Free ebook sites ...feedbooks.com and manybooks.net

Free and for purchase ebooks

smashwords.com
baen.com
Plus Baen has a great free library

We have a Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide (in the MR Wiki) that is being put together by members (just in case you have some of those problems ) also in the MR Wiki is information on your Sony 600.

There is also a How to download ebooks from the MobileRead Library thread that was just started.

Have fun exploring the forums and ask if you have any questions.

Last edited by dreams; 02-12-2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: sentence structure
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. And gratulations on a nice brother
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 AM   #9
afterry
afterry began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Thanks to everyone that replied. It's actually nice to introduce one's self. I didn't know that.

I'll see you guys around the Forums.

Best
AFTerry
afterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #10
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello afterry and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote