Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Justification

So, is there really no way to switch off Full Justification on the T1? I prefer Flush Left/ragged right because Full Justification is a bit of a nightmare at large font sizes. I was so looking forward to getting a T1 to replace my trusty PRS-300, but the Full Justification thing is a deal-breaker for me
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
nv88
Nameless Being

The Sony Reader seems to use whatever justification/alignment is specified in the book. I have been able to set some books to left align using Calibre and they display fine on the T1. That may or may not be a solution for you. It would definitely be nice to have an option in the software.
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
That'd only make "normal" text Flush Left, correct*? It wouldn't affect deliberatly centered text?

*nearly wrote "right?". Heh.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
It seems to display text as specified in the ebook, there is a reason I work over my bought books. Not all of them are badly formatted (though enough of them are), but I have gotten used to tweak them to my liking...
It takes a while, to get a book "just so", but I feel it is worth it...
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
That'd only make "normal" text Flush Left, correct*? It wouldn't affect deliberatly centered text?

*nearly wrote "right?". Heh.
I ran into this with the 950. It also respects the code in the book. Upon realizing this I converted all of my epubs in calibre and changed them all to left align. Converting the books in calibre with Text Justification set to Left align changes all justify statements to left align, it leaves all other alignments alone.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
nv88
Nameless Being

What dwanthny said. I chose left align for justification and Calibre seemed to leave centered text alone. I'm still reading the first book I've tried this with so I'm not an expert.