Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
kat49
kat49 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Inserted page - "You've finished. Before..."

Apologies if this has been asked before. I wasn't able to find anything about it by searching.
I noticed that the last few files I converted to mobi now have a page added at the end about "Tweet/share that you finished this book".
Is there an option to not have this page inserted? I checked preferences but didn't see anything. I'm converting docs that I've created which aren't books. Thanks.
kat49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Those are insterted by the Kindle, not calibre. Open your books in the calibre viewer and you will see that there is no such text.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
that message is not even in the ,mobi book file, it's in the Kindle firmware & cannot be turned off.
it is triggered whenever you turn the final "page" of any document, even ones you've self-created.

It's one of the reasons why I switched from Kindle to Sony , I ranted about it on Kindle forum but got little sympathy....

as I said there, the twin assumptions that the whole world needs to know or care that I've reached the end of a book AND that everyone who reads books is hooked on social media inanities like twitter is [ insert adjective of you choice ]

expect more Kindle advertising to come iwith future updates....
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
It's one of the reasons why I switched from Kindle to Sony , I ranted about it on Kindle forum but got little sympathy....
And you're unlikely to get much here, either. I'm not a fan of that "feature" but in the grand scheme of things it is easy to ignore and isn't worth ranting about.

Now Sony, they as a company have done some things worth ranting about IMO.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
kat49
kat49 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that it might be the Kindle initially but since it was only on books I converted recently I wasn't sure. I guess they were things converted after the Kindle firmware update.

I think Calibre is a terrific product and have recommended it to many of my friends. Thanks again.
kat49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert