Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Synchronize reading between sony reader and android apps?

I know that this is not supported out of the box but is there an easy or some sort of a way to synchronize epub books between my prs-650 and any android reader app? Prs-650 uses page numbers and Aldiko (app that I use) uses % of chapters and overall % which makes trying to continue reading same book on android phone kind of hard. Anyone figure out some sort of a way to do this? If another android reader does a better job I can use it since I'm not attached to Aldiko

Thanks

Alex
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Sony will be releasing their own Android app in January. It is supposed to allow syncing. I doubt the Sony app will be as nice as Aldiko though. I know of no way to sync your 650 with any non-Sony app on any OS platform.
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Yep that's what I pretty much found out. no known way of doing it. Problem with sony app is going to be no connectivity on the prs-650. So even if the app allows syncing it will only be beneficial to prs-950
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

You might be able to manually sync by connecting your 650 to your computer and using the Reader Library application. However, the sync function in that app is pretty bad and many (if not most) of us with multiple Sony Readers don't use it.