Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #61
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Is the KUAL script able to replace the icon, or do I have to SSH in and replace it manually? K5 B011 5.3.2
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #62
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
No, the KUAL script doesn't replace the icon / isn't able to.
Hey, same Device as mine, K5 B011 5.3.2 !
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #63
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Ah OK that's fine
Yeah saw people talking about B011 and wasn't sure why that was significant, but I've got one :P
Bill
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #64
Green Wenonah
Green Wenonah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (2013)
At the risk of zombifying a thread...

I did this on a PW2, 5.4.2 using KUAL/kterm rather than SSH and it went fine.

The search_bar.js file mod was a little bit different on mine. Rather than discreet lines all entries were on one line with no line breaks (I edited with Notepad++). Also, the code that needed to be changed was a bit different.

Original post:
Code:
const STORE_ID = 'app://com.lab126.store';
Paperwhite 2, 5.4.2:
Code:
const B="app://com.lab126.store";
I replaced (store) with (browser) and crossed my fingers... Coolio.

Slick little hack.
Green Wenonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #65
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Yep, that's a minifie'd and obfuscated js.
The only thing left "open" is the mesquite API!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #66
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Wenonah View Post
At the risk of zombifying a thread...

I did this on a PW2, 5.4.2 using KUAL/kterm rather than SSH and it went fine.

The search_bar.js file mod was a little bit different on mine. Rather than discreet lines all entries were on one line with no line breaks (I edited with Notepad++). Also, the code that needed to be changed was a bit different.

Original post:
Code:
const STORE_ID = 'app://com.lab126.store';
Paperwhite 2, 5.4.2:
Code:
const B="app://com.lab126.store";
I replaced (store) with (browser) and crossed my fingers... Coolio.

Slick little hack.
True. Its been the case since 5.3.x (Maybe 5.2.x as well, who knows).
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #67
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Zombie?

Nah, good point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free-vector-zombies.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	117978  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #68
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Replace Goodreads Button Instead?

Has anyone tried/succeeded in doing this with the Goodreads button which, to me, is even more useless than the Store button? It would be great to be able to replace it with a wifi toggle, for example. I'm not a programmer, and SSH confuses me, so I'm not sure myself where to begin.....
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #69
Proximity
Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Proximity can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite² WiFi
Thank you for this great little hack

... it's working great on the Paperwhite²

I used the globe-icon made by Brightmix (webtoolhub) and adjusted it for my Paperwhite².

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot-browser.png
Views:	774
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	123788  
Attached Images

Last edited by Proximity; 06-07-2014 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Screenshot
Proximity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:54 AM   #70
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
PW2 5.4.5.1; /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/search_bar.js

Browser instead of Store:
Code:
const B="app://com.lab126.store"; -> const B="app://com.lab126.browser";
Settings instead of GoodReader:
Code:
const V="app://com.lab126.booklet.discovery"; -> const V="app://com.lab126.booklet.settings";
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_ScreenShot.png
Views:	276
Size:	1.9 KB
ID:	128722  
Attached Images

kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #71
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Neat!
Thanks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #72
benoid
benoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Hi there, wanted to ask if & how it is possible to change the Store button to take me to the home screen. My home button is busted and it'd be really useful to have a home touch button - the back arrows take forever if you're in a magazine etc.

Cheers for any ideas
benoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #73
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
If the rest of the directions still work, the home "link" should be 'com.lab126.booklet.home'
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #74
benoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
If the rest of the directions still work, the home "link" should be 'com.lab126.booklet.home'
Thanks! I'll try that
Old 05-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #75
benoid

it works perfectly. Thanks !

One more issue - in periodicals the 'store' button (now home button) does actually not appear on the search bar. Any idea how to get it there? Maybe replace one of the 'periodical view' buttons ("periodical-home" or "periodical-contents") with it, but I cannot find the relevant links to replace...