Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.7

Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.7 has been released.

• Sleep and power off screens now show full screen book covers!
• File type labels now distinguish Kobo EPUBs from other EPUBs.
• Various performance and stability improvements.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
kram
kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just turned on my Touch, and it did a software update. Once finished it informed me that the version was 1.9.6 (July 13, 2011) but i had already installed 1.9.6 when it first came out.

What am I missing?
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kram View Post
I just turned on my Touch, and it did a software update. Once finished it informed me that the version was 1.9.6 but had already installed 1.9.6 when it first came out.
this i updated it at work and it still said 1.9.6 july 13th 2011 and it had the 1.9.6 sign saying whats new
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
this i updated it at work and it still said 1.9.6 july 13th 2011 and it had the 1.9.6 sign saying whats new
It will go live in a few minutes
Old 07-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #5
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I suppose it's too late to say that I liked having the white/black surrounding the cover image to distinguish Sleep from Power Off?
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Got the update again and it was updated to 1.9.7, is there a new desktop app. loving the full page cover

Last edited by wes101; 07-26-2011 at 07:25 PM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
kram
kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Got it installed. Seems to have messed up the font sizing in a book that I was currently reading. Font sizes won't change (they would before). Interesting.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Thanks kobo, worked for me. I like the "kobo epub" and "epub" tags
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
I suppose it's too late to say that I liked having the white/black surrounding the cover image to distinguish Sleep from Power Off?
The 1.9.7 sleep and power-off message boxes have different backgrounds. Sleep is white and power-off is black.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Got it installed. Seems to have messed up the font sizing in a book that I was currently reading. Font sizes won't change (they would before). Interesting.
I've seen folks in the Beta group mention this. There's a fix I believe. I'll wait for the formal response from someone.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #11
MDK
Kobo Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
Got the update again and it was updated to 1.9.7, is there a new desktop app. loving the full page cover
This is a firmware release only.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
The bug where side loaded epubs deleted from the SD card via the K.T. are actually still on the SD card is not fixed. A paper clip reset simply brings them back to KT.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Still didn't fix my reader storage/factory reset error which comes up every time I take it out of power off mode.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
i have this as well, it happened to the book i'm currently reading. checked another book i recently started and the font sizing works on that one.

the book in question is epub purchased from the author's own website.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
i have this as well, it happened to the book i'm currently reading. checked another book i recently started and the font sizing works on that one.

the book in question is epub purchased from the author's own website.
Having the same problem on a single book. It wasn't even the one I was reading last it was the just the first one I opened after getting the update.
DizzC is offline   Reply With Quote